Our Baby Is In The Hospital

Guest sdaniw

Guest sdaniw

Hi Everyone,

I first want to thank everyone for such great advice about my dog Maddie having diarrhea. I did everything everyone told me to do but it just seemed to get worse. Last night not only did she have constant diarrhea she also started throwing up. I took her to the vet today and they ended up keeping her so they could give her IV and stuff. Please keep your fingers crossed that its just a really bad upset stomach. This is our first greyhound, we have only had her for 6 weeks and already she is sick, we feel like horrible parents. We don't have any kids but we are learning how bad you feel when you can't fix somthing you care so much about. Its only been an hour since I left her at the vet and I miss her already :(

Thanks again

Many prayers for her and you!

Be okay, sweetie!

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest SYMBASMOMMY

I hope everything will be okay....sending positive thoughts for you sweet baby....putting her on IVs is a good thing...they need to get her hydrated again and probably some antibiotics in her....she is in the best place right now....

Guest sassichari

First- You are NOT a horrible parent!! I don't have kids either just my furbabies and every time they even sneeze I am up their butts and I am a nurse! You are a great mom. There is a viral thing going around. My Max just recovered from it and my vet had 3 dogs in with the same symptoms the day we were there.

Take heart you did everything right. Our babies can have very sensitive systems sometimes. It has taken me many months and settlling on a dog food I hate (Purina One) to get rid of Max's diarrhea even with using all the suggestions I was given. The people on this site are the best!!!!!

My prayers are with you and your pupper! She will be home soon enough feeling like a brand new girl!!!

Thinking many good thoughts for Maddie - hopefully it's just a nasty bug that will run its course. So hard to leave them behind but the fluids will help her feel better & stay stronger.

Keep us posted - she's our baby now too! :kiss2

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest LolasMom

Sending feel better thoughts to Maddie :hope My poor little girl had the same symtoms when she came to me. :sad1 I got so much support and good advice here and it still took months for my girls tummy to settle down and start getting stronger. :thumbs-up

Sending warm healing thoughts and prayers for you and Maddie. I hope she'll soon be on the med and back home where she belongs.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Guest PiagetsMom

I know you're worried......hopefully the vet will get her stabilized quickly and she'll be home recovering before you know it! :grouphug

Have they done x-rays? It's possible she ingested something she shouldn't have? Just throwing that out there.

Hope she feels better very soon!

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest grapecat

Special thoughts and happy wishes to both of you - it is an awful feeling - we've just been through that feeling for the first time too - but you're doing the best possible thing for her and being a perfect parent! You're doing everything right! Hang in there.

Hugs and prayers for Maddie, please update when you can.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project