Our Baby Is In The Hospital

Guest sdaniw

Sending many prayers and gentle hugs. Please don't feel this is your fault....we all have been there and feeling so helpless is just horrible. Your little girl knows how much you love her and that you are doing everything you can to speed up her recovery. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending prayers for Maddie. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest D_MansMommy

Lots of prayers and good thoughts for you and Maddie.

I know it is scarey leaving your pup at the vet. I've been there and did not sleep a wink :grouphug

Guest sdaniw

Hi Everyone, Just wanted to give you an update. Maddie was in the hospital for 2 days. She was filled with antibiotics and fluids. They ended up finding out that she has hypothyroid, a parasite in her stomach and a large amount of bacteria also in her stomach. They sent her home last night with antibiotics and a special diet. She will also have to be retested again in a month for the thyroid as well as the parasite. Thanks for all the support, I wouldn't have gotten through it without everyones prayers. :)

So glad to hear that she is home and on the mend.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest DoofBert

Thinking of you......and hope you situation is as simple as what I experienced:

I'll share a quick story....we had similar problem with our kittens (age 12 weeks)....had their well kitten visit with the vet. We were given frontline for them. put frontline on the kittens... kittens atarted the Big D. back to vet.... I thought I had done something wrong with frontline. Vet immediately told me I did nothing.... the kittens had wicked case of coccidia....after some anitbiotics, everyone was just fine!

Guest SquanHound

I am so glad that she is feeling better!! I have a hypothyroid, sensitive belly boy as well. While you probably have enough meds for right now, consider ordering the thyroid meds for the future on-line since they are much cheaper that way. Feel free to PM if you have any questions or just need a hug :grouphug

Aww, poor baby---but good mom for knowing something was up, and getting her taken care of!!!

:grouphug 's to you both!!!

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

be careful with the thyroid tests, greyhounds have different 'normal' values for the tests than other breeds, what may be low for most dogs may be OK for a greyhound. lots of info on that here in the medical section via the search thingy. some vets are not as greyhound aware.

(f you post the test results here, someone is bound to let you know how they apply to greyhounds....)

Edited by kronckew

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.