I Am Devestated...

Sending more prayers...I sent you a PM. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds encouraging that he kept his food down. you both continue to be in my thoughts...

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I'm so glad that Rusty is doing better! It must be terrible to leave him with the vet...let's hope that soon he can come

home with you...much luck for you both!

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

Guest vahoundlover

Smart boy! Hold out for the good stuff! :lol I am so glad he finally ate something. :pepper I hope today he's even better and will be home soon!

Guest wmlcml6

For what it's worth, my 3 month old pup has struggled daily to eat since the day she was born. I know our medical situations are not the same, but I thought I would share that we discovered last week that she loves Blue Buffalo puppy kibble. So between that and microwaved chicken tenderloins, we are finally getting weight on her.

I hope Rusty wants more TATORS today, and that he starts to hold his water down. Staying hydrated is key to keeping him healthy until he feels like eating. Good luck.

Sending calm tummy thoughts for Rusty and hugs for his momma.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest trevdog

Oh that's very good news! Please find out exactly what meds he's on, it sounds so much like tummy upset! Take him some more taters of course! Maybe you could put some kind of meat paste or something on your fingers too, see if he will eat that as well. Protein would be good for him too. Have you tried to feed him outside? That might help too.

Hoping Dr Couto can give you more insight.

Guest PiagetsMom

Hoping the night went well and for a better day for Rusty and an update with more good news - hang in there!

Edited by PiagetsMom

Greyt to see 2 positive updates in a row. Sounds like Rusty is definitely improving. Here's hoping his tummy settles down and he can come home soon!

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

glad to hear more positive updates. come on Rusty, momma wants to take you home. Praying for food to stay down.

Guest Machbragal

Continuing to pray that Rusty continues to improve. It sounds like he is doing a little better -- he is missing home. I hope he kept his dinner down last night, and that he is able to eat something for you this morning.

Guest Winterwish

Keeping you and Rusty in my thoughts Dee! And post however much you need to,we're all concerned about your beautiful boy and know how you need to share wants happening and get ideas,we've all known the feeling so feel free to express what you need to. :bighug And you knwo,that's great about the taters! Eating is eating ,sometimes it goes inch by inch is all,right?. Come on handsome,time for a piece of pork chop! :kiss2:getwell

Edited by Winterwish

Guest gr84me

Good to hear about the mashed potatoes - lots of starch that can be converted to sugars (very good) and maybe they'll coat his tummy so he feels better. Would he try something like Ensure, or ice cream? Just to get something in his tummy to get him started eating again? Drinking water is very very important.

I really feel for you; I was scared to death when Brody wouldn't eat after his tummy surgery. He lost over 10 lbs. in just a few days, and was very dehydrated - gums were almost white and sticky and he could barely raise his head off his bed. He was running a pretty high fever and was on some serious antibiotics, also. As soon as I could, I brought him home and spent a couple days home-cooking the very best things I could think of for him; he would eat a little but really didn't want them. I finally ended up soaking some of his Chicken Soup kibble in water until it turned to mush, added some garlic powder (I know it's not the best thing but it got him to eat and most likely saved his life), and voila! He ate it! We turned the corner at that point and he got better very fast.

You're still in my thoughts and prayers.

I talked to the vet. Rusty didn't vomit last night. :yay You know what that means...I'll be bringing him

mashed potatoes again tonight. :nod He didn't eat his breakfast this morning tho.

He's walking around his Surgery Suite ;) quite a bit today! The vet said I could bring

him home tonight and bring him back tomorrow, but I think it would stress him more when he has to go back. :(

Besides, my granddaughters will be here tomorrow and I would hate to have to deal with an emergency

situation with them here. :blink: Anyway, the vet said we'll give him another day, if he's still doing good

then..... I CAN BRING MY BOY HOME!!!!!!!

I think I can almost do the happy dance now! :lol

It feels like a 100lb. weight had been lifted off me, not to mention this wicked headache is finally

bearable! :colgate

I really think my big guy will run and play in the yard again. He loves it outside when it's nice

and cool. Everytime I looked out the window yesterday I would bawl my eyes out thinking I would

never see my sweet boy running and playing ball out there ever again. :crying

But today when I look out there, I see him playing ball and carrying his favorite toy around with him! :gh_bow:)

Am I HAPPY??? You bet I am! :banana

Thank you all for your prayers they mean more than you'll ever know.

Please keep them coming til he's home with me.

Thanks so much.

So good to hear another positive update! Will continue to send prayers until your beautiful boy is running and

playing again.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson