Need Advice! My Little Girl Nimby

I just had the scare of my life! I was putting the food down for Earl & Nimby and couldn't figure out why Nimby wasn't coming to her dish. I came out of the room and saw her very unsteady on her feet - I ran to her and she couldn't walk. She went down in a squat and while in that position peed on the carpet. We couldn't get her up but got her to lie down.

We brought her home 7 years ago at age 3 and since then she would shake in the hind quarters, sometimes one side, sometimes both after a run or extra long walk, and when she gets excited. It has been getting more frequent and lasting longer. When she went down today her right front paw was straight and stiff.

We have her resting now and will take her to the vet in the morning.

Any ideas of what happened - neurological? We always felt she may have been injured before we got her.

Please pray for my velcro baby that she will be fine.

Thanks

Liz

Edited by turbodogs

Sending healing thoughts to Nimby and hugs to you all. :grouphug

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Oh, jeez, Liz, I hope she's going to be alright. I know it freaks you out when something sudden and unexplained like that happens. I was thinking maybe vestibular disease, but the stiff leg sounds a little different.

We'll send lots of white light and get well thoughts to Nimby, and nose kisses from the Queen, who is looking forward to seeing you all at Grapehounds!

Nancy

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

:goodluck and :grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest loveagrey

Oh Liz!!!! I'm so sorry to hear this! She seemed great when I saw her today! I can't help but know that Nimby will definitely be im our prayers.

No advice, just prayers for your sweet girlie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest MtnBiker

Could it be some sort of absence seizure? Or perhaps a complex partial seizure? Sometimes the after effects may be involuntary urination. I've forgotten the differentiation between all the types, but it's always a possibility...

It sounds like her muscles had tone at the time... It could have also been a big muscle spasm that made her nervous. Good luck at the vet, and keep us updated with what happens.

Thank you everyone. Nimby got up at 1:15 and is still very, very unsteady. We did get her outside to pee and we are off to the vets in the next few minutes.

She is still trying to be the feisty little girl and even managed to do a small flight of stairs when I came up. She does a few step very wobbly and then stops and tries to get her balance.

I'll update everyone when we get back from the vets.

Thank you for all your prayers.

Liz, Larry, Earl and Nimby

Nimby is on NovoPrednisone (steroidal anit-inflammatory). Dr. Becker is doing bloodwork to rule out her eating anything she shouldn't have (which she does all the time) and if that comes back negative and the steroids don't help she will have an MRI

she woke up at 1:15 and walked (if you can call it that) to her bed - I slept , ha ha, downstairs with her and the boys last night. She did walk to her water bowl and she walked up the stairs from the living room to the front door - I took her out to pee but she isn't walking well at all and is very wobbly. Then she started to slip down again.

she stopped drooling around 11 last night and started growling at the other dogs so we knew she was coming around a bit

We are grey-sitting 3 greys until this afternoon

Edited by turbodogs

Sending prayers for Nimby. Geez, your plate couldn't be much more full!

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Sending prayers and good thoughts for Little Nimby. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.