Mia Bella Update

And I am surprised, but it is only Erlichea. The vet and I (and Burpdog Diane) were all convinced that she had to have something else going on, but the titer came back with Erlichea only. Her other tests were all clean, no bacterial infection, nothing else going on that we can find. So evidently the Erlichea just crashed her immune system pretty bad.

She is feeling a lot better, we are still trying to get her to eat as many small meals as possible to get some weight back on her. She is SKINNY! But her appetite is good as long as you don't put something in the bowl that she doesn't like. :lol I have a feeling that once she is well, we will have some trouble getting her to eat her normal meals because she has been so spoiled with Burpdog Biscuits crumbled on top, boiled hamburger, boiled chicken, etc. But we'll do whatever it takes.

I :heart my little Mia girl, keep those positive thoughts coming!

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Wow, I'm surprised too, but I guess that's good news. I'm so glad she is on the mend. Love me some little Me Me :beatheart

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Okay, what's wrong with this thread? Alisha?

Hmmm??

Hint: WHERE ARE THE PICTURES!??!!?? :P

Glad she's feeling a bit better, and keeping positive thoughts coming for that food transitioning in her future! ;):lol

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Good girl Mia. Keep eating. :chow

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest vahoundlover
:yay I never thought I would be happy to hear "a tick disease" Sending prayers Mia is well on her way to getting better and eats like a good girl! Latonya was asking about you & Mia tonight, I'll let her know the "good" news.

Guest KennelMom

wow..."just" ehrlichia. That's surprising, but I'm glad they have a definitive diagnosis and she's on her way to recovery. We are lucky that none of our Ehrlichia hounds have ever gotten sick like Mia, but it's a valuable lesson for everyone. Never underestimate how life-threatening a TBD can be.

For Mia... :kiss2