Our Sweet Lizzy Is At The Bridge

Guest dwolfe711

Guest dwolfe711

Our sweet Lizzy fell while running in the yard on Thursday and fractured her right rear leg - the x-ray showed a really bad break in the bone between the knee and the hip - as well as an area around her ankle that the vet thought was probably osteo but would not confirm without a biopsy. With no real options we made the decision to send her to the Bridge. She never made a sound - never whined or cried or yelped or whimpered - she was such a trooper - at 14.5yo she was still healthy and eating well and running in the yard with her brothers and sister - we thought at this point we would have her with us until we lost her to old age - but that was not to be. We sent her to be with her "sisters" and "brothers" from the Kingdom at the Bridge at 5:45 last evening - oh yes, and I'm sure her Uncle Paul and Kit-Kat were there to help her across - that thought crossed my mind while we were saying goodbye and I must say that it gave me some peace of mind knowing Paul would be there for her.

We adopted Lizzy 2.5 years ago at age 12 after she was returned from her previous home. We hesitated because of her age and when we did adopt her we never expected her to be with us this long. We have treasured each day with her and she has been such a joy for us - we will miss her terribly -

Duncan, Ripley and Allie have been looking for her - I'm sure it will take a while for reality to sink in for all of us.

Run free, sweetie - "Villa Liz" - our sweet Lizzy (Izzy) 6/18/92- 1/18/07

Donna (and Dave), Duncan, Ripley and Allie

Toby, Red, Elaine and now Lizzy at the Bridge

CalendarLizzymisc004.jpg

Edited by dwolfe711

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry.

Farewell dear one. May you run at peace at the bridge.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

I am so sorry for your loss :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

:f_red:beatheart:f_pink:beatheart:gh_lay:beatheart:f_pink:beatheart:f_red

I am so sorry to hear about Lizzy....she sounds like a real lady & a real character to be still enjoying her running time even at 14 1/2...

You can be guaranteed that she is running & having the best time, pain free, where she is now...

God bless you...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Lizzy. :grouphug Know that she's free from pain, running to her heart's content with friends at the Bridge. Blessings to you for cherishing her in her last years. Seniors are simply the best. :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

What a precious girl. She reminds me of my KC who we lost to osteo a few years ago.

I am so sorry for your loss.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.