Krickett

Guest Aggie94

Guest Aggie94

On January 14 it will be 3 years since I lost my first "my" dog Sandi. Today, Krickett, my first grey, joined her.

Little did I know how my life would change August 9, 1994 when I said, "I'd love to have a grey someday". Her breeder told me he had a female I could have. She had broken her toe and couldn't race. She was 11 months. I went home, asked my dad and my now DH. She came home the next day. She wouldn't leave the living room for 3 days. BY the end of the weekend, she was greeting us at the door. We knew nothing about greys. The very next day her and Sandi got in a fight over a milk-bone. I wondered what mistake I made. They became best friends. She taught my dad about the sleep issues that first weekend. I went out and bought the book "Adoping the Retired Racing Greyhound" and read it over and over. She was a wonderful teacher. A great first greyhound. She'd jump on the couch with you and fall on you instead of laying down. She went through 3 moves and saw two skin kids. She was so happy to have a grey buddy when we brought our Zak home in 1996, then she shunned him for 2 weeks. She mourned him terriibly when he left in 2003 at the tender age of 7. She then lost her Sandi 8 short months later. She was lost without her but glad to finally be the boss! A year and a half ago she was diagnosed with colon cancer. She fought the odds and did wonderfully. In August I found a lump on her neck, thyroid cancer. She was still her bouncy happy self. Last week she went downhill quick. Today, we made the heart wrenching decision to let her go. Our wonderful vet said we made the right choice. She wasn't herself. Just laying there. It is so quiet even with the two "boys". I miss you already sweet baby. You are now free and reunited with your buddys. Give them all a kiss for us. Love you.

post-7126-1167871977_thumb.jpg

I am so sorry for your loss. Take comfort in knowing your sweet girl is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

:candle

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

:( I am so sorry. Run free and forever happy and healthy until you are reunited with your family once more. Godspeed Angel Krickett. :grouphug:f_pink:f_white

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I am so sorry. It sounds like she had a wonderful life with you. Godspeed Krickett! :gh_run2

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

I'm sorry she had to leave you.

Run with the wind, pretty girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Kricket was blessed to have you. May you find peace and comfort in the days ahead. Run free sweet girl.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest Snowy8

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

:brokenheart:bighug:gh_runner:bighug:brokenheart

Aw honey I'm so sorry...I know your heart is hurting so much. Please take comfort in knowing she loved you so much. She's free to run & play & take long warm snuggly naps on the clouds, chase butterflies & be in awe of the rainbows.

I'm very sorry for the loss of your precious girl. :grouphug No matter how many months or years they share our lives, it is never enough. :( May your memories of her bring you comfort and joy. She is with you always, in your heart. Godspeed, sweet Kricket... :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest Tenderhearts

I cried reading about your precious girl! :cry1 How very special she was to you. May God hold your aching hearts in his hands :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug