Argos & Cruiser

Guest SillyDog

Guest SillyDog

On Tuesday, my friends Mike & Holly had their first baby. He's a beautiful, huge 10 1/2 pound boy. They're so happy about him. Holly's family came to help take care of their greyhounds, Argos & Cruiser and their foster, Kelly. Yesterday was Mike & Holly's anniversary and the day Holly came home from the hospital with their new baby. Her mom and sister decided to get some special things to make an anniversary dinner for them. Keep in mind that her mom & sister had been cleaning and decorating the house all day, preparing for the baby's homecoming. They let the dogs out to potty. Somehow they got distracted and forgot to let them back in before leaving to go shopping.

We live in Austin, TX, and it was in the high 90s yesterday & humid. Mike & Holly just bought their house a few months ago and don't have any shade trees yet. They haven't had time to put in a doggy door. Holly's mom and sister were gone for several hours. When they got back Argos and Cruiser, while still alive, were suffering from extreme heat stroke. The dogs were rushed to the vet, but could not be saved. Kelly, the foster, is somehow, miraculously ok. She's in another house for the time being.

I think of Argos and Cruiser as my other dogs. I've dog sat for them several times. When Argos was diagnosed with osteo a couple months ago it was such a blow. Mike and Holly decided to amputate his affected leg and Argos was amazing. He was standing up on his own the night after the surgery. He had just had his 3rd round of chemo and was doing really well. I thought - hoped - he was one of the few that might make it. Argos was my first greyhound's foster brother because Mike and Holly were his foster parents. Argos was a real bed slut - he didn't care who he was sleeping with, as long as it was on a bed. Cruiser was just a silly firecracker of a guy. He liked to hop like a bucking horse and snort at hawks in the air. My greyhound Carly seemed to really like him and always had sort of an extra wiggly walk when he was around like she was showing off her J-Lo booty for him. I will miss both of these boys.

Mike and Holly seem to be taking this as well as possible. It's a horrible situation, and I am in awe of their ability to forgive her mother and sister.

Guest gracesmom

very, very sad...so preventable. I live in Louisiana and drive around furious at the poor dogs left outside in the heat (this week we've had temps over 100). You just have to think they are nice and cool now, and Argos is running on all 4's again...

Godspeed, sweet pupsters.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:weep:weep I am so sorry for the loss of their sweet pups. Her mom and sister must feel horrible and I'm sure that blaming them would only make a bad situation worse. Prayers that they can all get past this horrible tragedy.

Godspeed Argos and Cruiser :f_red

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

oh my gosh, what a horrible tragedy! I'm sure they just feel terrible :cry1

run free, sweet pups :f_red:f_red

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest guinness_the_greyt

OMG! That is my worst nightmare!!! I am so sorry for everyone involved! :grouphug

Godspeed Argus and Cruiser!!!

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Guest Carla

Oh my doG. How tragic and sad. I feel terrible for everyone involved - especially the poor dogs.

Godspeed Argos and Cruiser - you are safe now.

:f_red:f_red:f_red:gh_run:gh_run:f_red:f_red:f_red

Hugs,

Carla

Guest Valliejo2001

How very sad. When it is hot here in Ohio, we only leave the dogs out 10-15minutes. This is when it is over 90 degrees. the humidty here in Ohio is awful. Run free sweet babies.

:(:(:(:(:f_red:f_pink:f_whitef_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.