Murphy (abdo's Land)

Spotsylott

As many of you may know, my big red fawn boy Murphy had been fighting a battle with neurological issues, spinal stenosis, ITP, and general organ failure. What started in December as a momentary loss of leg control during a walk in the park, ended yesterday. We helped Murphy to the bridge at 4:30.

For those who did not know his story...here it is briefly. Murphy was a bounce back, and my first foster dog. He was returned unceremoniously in the early morning with nothing but a leash, collar, and paperwork. He was eating "the house" and was too rough and very needy...they did not want him around one more minute. Barbara Wicklund called to ask if Woody and I would foster him. "TWO WEEKS....and he is outta here", was Woody's answer. That answer came back to get him TWO DAYS later when he called Barbara to formally adopt him. Barbara did not make it easy on Woody.....well lets say we did get to keep Murphy, and Woody never placed a time limit on a foster dog again :) Murphy never did live up to the bad rap he ahd been given. He never ate our T.V. remotes, chewed the rugs, destroyed pottery....never...he was a therapy dog and winner of many "longest tail" competitions. He did open the fridge and get an oven stuffer roaster once.....but he shared with all of his 4-footed friends....we ate the stuffing and veggies!

Murphy is my Greytalk avatar, and words cannot describe the loss I feel. Wait for me at the Bridge dear friend!

Patty Tustin

Mom to Magic, Rosie, Bevie, Foppa, Tony, Scooby, Ralph, Sharpie, Coco andfoster mom to Chance...and at the bridge...our beloved Murphy

Edited by Spotsylott

:grouphug :grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Greymom

Murphy knew love and kindness towards the end of his life. He left this world knowing what a treasured dog he was. May God help your aching heart. :grouphug:f_white

My heart aches for you... :brokenheart What a loving tribute to your big red fella. :beatheart Godspeed, precious Murphy. :grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Make yourself familiar with the angels, and behold them frequently in spirit; for without being seen, they are present with you.

Edited by IreneUllmann

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am so sorry... :f_pink

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Guest jeannejj

I am so sorry. It's so hard to say goodbye to a beloved friend. May your pain be replaced by the joy of your memories.

Run free, sweet Murphy.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

Murphy's beginning didn't sound to hot but he got it right obviously when he got you as foster parents. Sometimes the bounces have the most love to give. May you find peace and strength. I hope the wonderful memories will help ease your pain. Run Free you sweet boy, Murphy.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge