How To Post A Picture

It's because the image doesn't end in jpg, gif, etc. Acceptable formats for attachments. You need a photo host that either allows remote linking or you can upload the photo from your computer in forums that allow it.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.mypetpages.net/artists/3719/0/9...5b981b887131e6c

Guess that would have helped...duh.

It's because the image doesn't end in jpg, gif, etc. Acceptable formats for attachments. You need a photo host that either allows remote linking or you can upload the photo from your computer in forums that allow it.

actually the URL is wrong, it is not a valid page or image

large.greyhound_signature.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SadiesMom

Does Snapfish work? I am getting the same error message as inugrey. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Actually, I'm not sure what I'm doing.

Edited by SadiesMom

• 3 weeks later...
Guest magnum
?

Im0008532ejpgmsgA931B56D-FEFB-4D2B-.jpg

just a test

Karen

Hhmm - not sure why the blank quote is there or why the picture is so big - I'll keep trying

Im0008532ejpgmsgA931B56D-FEFB-4D2B-.jpg

test 2

Karen

Edited by magnum

• 2 weeks later...

-beau-.jpg

First, go to the place where you are storing your photo's. *They MUST be on the Internet somewhere, and that site MUST allow remote linking.* Choose the photo you want to post and open it from its thumbnail size.

(If you do not already have an internet sotrage location, GT Supporters can link from their gallery, all others need another place to link from. I recommend www.mypetpages.net)

After Choosing the photo, put your mouse pointer directly on it and right click.

63image1.jpg

See the new window that opened? Go all the way to the bottom line and click, Properties.

A new box will open. Highlight the URL as I have in this example. Then right click on the highlighted portion and select COPY.

63image2.jpg

Now you are ready to come back to Greytalk and post your photo in a reply. Use the IMG button provided and paste your saved, URL in the box.

add_image.gif

That's all there is to it.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask, we're here to help.

Now. how do you use the picture posted as an avatar???

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• 2 weeks later...
Now you are ready to come back to Greytalk and post your photo in a reply. Use the IMG button provided and paste your saved, URL in the box.

add_image.gif

I tried the above - as soon as I click the Tree, I get an error message saying I have to enter a URL, however, I am never prompted for one, i.e., the prompt shown above never appears - any idea what I am doing wrong?

add_image.gif

I tried the above - as soon as I click the Tree, I get an error message saying I have to enter a URL, however, I am never prompted for one, i.e., the prompt shown above never appears - any idea what I am doing wrong?

Nevermind - got it now.

Guest mom2thunder

100_2821-1.jpg

test

Ok I am completely computer illiterate. Can someone help me. When I try to resize this on photobucket, it disappears and is no longer in my album