How To Post A Picture

First, go to the place where you are storing your photo's. *They MUST be on the Internet somewhere, and that site MUST allow remote linking.* Choose the photo you want to post and open it from its thumbnail size.

(If you do not already have an internet sotrage location, GT Supporters can link from their gallery, all others need another place to link from, photobucket, flickr, etc.)

After Choosing the photo, put your mouse pointer directly on it and right click.

gallery_63_2942_17946.jpg

See the new window that opened? Go all the way to the bottom line and click, Properties.

A new box will open. Highlight the URL as I have in this example. Then right click on the highlighted portion and select COPY.

gallery_63_2942_8130.jpg

Now you are ready to come back to Greytalk and post your photo in a reply. Use the IMG button provided and paste your saved, URL in the box.

gallery_63_2942_12230.gif

That's all there is to it.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask, we're here to help.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest GiJenn51

If people are looking for a good site to upload photos from, and post them here... Here is an example. I know most have some probs doing the upload. I like photobucket because it already GIVES you the IMG code that is needed on this site, so there is no need ot click on the little tree up above. Makes it go that much faster!

1. create an account at www.photobucket.com

2. upload photos to said site by clicking on browse---

once you click on browse, it will give you a popup window allowing you to choose from where on your computer. Since you're a beginner, I suggest putting them on your desktop.

3. Once you are done finding the photo(s) you click submit

if you look just above the little browse button, you have the option to submit multiple pictures...

don't be scared, you just do the same thing over and over-- THEN click submit.

4. Once you get the "your files have been uploaded successfully". You can scroll down and see them there.

5. Below each photo are three little windows with what is called "html code". Again don't be afraid, you can't ruin it!

6. In the lowest of the three, you'll see IMG next to it on the left-- put your cursor in there, and left click ONCE. Don't worry if you do it twice, it's not going anywhere. It's just if you click twice, it will un-highlight the text. What you want to do it have ALL of the text in that little window highlighted.

photobucket.jpg

7. Once you do that, you can do one of two things, depending on what you are comfortable with.

you can hit CTRL C, or go to the very top of the window and go to edit, then copy.

8. Now, open up another internet window, an go to the Greytalk website, start your new topic, or open one that you want to post pictures in.

9. After you have your topic open, type in CTRL V. This will paste the link in to the topic you're trying to post a picture in. You can also go up to the top of the window, go to edit and click on paste. Which ever you're comfortable with.

10. Click on add reply and you should be set!

Now when you're ready to do the picture game-- same concept as all of the above-- I'll let you do the above, and let me know when you want more.

Hopefully this is simple enough--- if not, or you get stuck e-mail me. I'm here to help!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cleo_chaos

100_1493.jpg

Here's my Ohanna-Banana.... she's got pretty toofers !!!

I do have a question .... does Photobucket automatically resize pictures when you post on GT???

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

This is strange...........when I tried posting the pics yesterday, I thought they were both way too large and only 1/2 the picture was posted.

Now I look today and the entire picture is there............just way too big. I'll have to work on making the pictures smaller....back to the drawing board.

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Guest salvadorshuman

I've hosted my pics on Snapfish... do they not allow remote sharing, or am I just too sleepy to figure it out tonight?

• 2 weeks later...
(If you do not already have an internet sotrage location, GT Supporters can link from their gallery, all others need another place to link from. I recommend www.mypetpages.net)

ummm, ok, I feel like an idiot. If I have a picture posted in the gallery, how do I insert it into a post?

Like this???

http://www.greytalk.com/~photopost/data/500/PAWs_2b.JPG

Answered my own question :rolleyes:

Guess not. I'll try again

this??

PAWs_2b.JPG

Edited by Lucy

Lucy, Mommy to Alex (Fuzzy's Alexander), Zachy, and Lovey (RWC First Love). Angels Willow (Memu), Gracie LuLu (Reward Whammo), Prince (Dundrum Prince) and Rally (My Rapid Rally) , Siamese kitties Dallas and Dixie, Balinese kitty Zoe and bridge kitty Miza

• 2 weeks later...