Marcus 11/16/93 - 11/16/05

dmswartzfager

I am so sorry for your loss. :candle:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Run free sweet boy...don't worry there are unlimited Burpdogs in heaven!

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Thank you everyone. I'm still at school, dreading the return to a house with only three dogs, and the beach pictures from Dewey that I am sure arrived today in the mail. The laps of DH and I will be empty for the first time in a long time tonight.

But I am grateful Brian bought a video camera a few months ago and we were able to shoot video of Marcus playing in the yard and trotting around in his silly, happy way. I'm especially glad I thought to grab the video camera when the box of Burpdog biscuits arrived a few weeks ago and captured Marcus chattering away loudly in excitement and anticipation. His chattering was really something else.

When we made our decision to let him go and told Dr. Allison so, he pulled his nose out of the oxygen mask, and so Dr. Allison put it away before she left to go get the drugs. Brian was stroking his head and expressing his disappointment that we wouldn't get to see one last chatter. Well, a minute later, Marcus poked his head up off the table and chattered for a few seconds and then laid his head down again. I think it made us doubt our decision for a few moments, but I would like to think he did that for us, to let us know it was okay.

I love all my crew, but Marcus just came in like he had always been there and made everyone who met him fall in love with him. If someone joked about taking him home with them, we always said, "Get in line! It's at least ten deep at this point!"

I knew losing him would hurt, but I think of all the joy he brought to my life, to our lives. I wish it could've been longer; I was just thinking earlier this week about how well he was doing and how he seemed to have several years left, but despite the short time, I have absolutely no regrets. We denied him nothing, and we were blessed to have him in our family. On Monday, when I mentioned Marcus' 12th birthday to a fellow teacher, he asked about the lifespan of a grey, to which I responded, "12-14 years." "Treasure every day," he said, and I said, with all my heart, "I do, I really do."

When we're ready, we'll bring home another special old boy, and love him and treasure every day. I'm sure Marcus would approve.

Run free, sweetie pie. You'll always be in our hearts.

daddyandmarcus5.jpg

marcuswithdog.jpg

mommyandmarcusnap.jpg

marcusshakestoy.jpg

Deanna with galgo Willow, greyhound Finn, and DH Brian
Remembering Marcus (11/16/93 - 11/16/05), Tyler (2/3/01 - 11/6/06), Frazzle (7/2/94 - 7/23/07), Carrie (5/8/96 - 2/24/09), Blitz (3/28/97 - 6/10/11), Symbra (12/30/02 - 7/16/13), Scarlett (10/10/02 - 08/31/13), Wren (5/25/01 - 5/19/14),  Rooster (3/7/07 - 8/28/18), Q (2008 - 8/31/19), and Momma Mia (2002 - 12/9/19).

Guest greyt_parents

I know your pain...tears are streaming down my face as I recall how short my Tex got to live in his forever home and how sudden his death was...

I'm sure Marcus loved every moment with you in his forever home and family.

I am so sorry for your loss...

Guest twogreytgreys

I'm so sorry. I am on the point of tears myself at the news of Marcus' death. Run free, sweet boy.

:f_pink:gh_run:f_pink

Edited by twogreytgreys

I am so sorry for you Brian and Deanna.... You did what was best for Marcus and you are both angels for adopting him...

<b>These of course are just my humble opinions and in no way express the thoughts or ideas of the management, staff or members of this or any other board.. </b>
James River Greyhounds, Richmond VA
Homer, Gunnar and Scarlett,... Bridge Kids, Belle, Toby, Tanner, Pumpkin, Dimples and Tyrone, Willis, Duncan, Clea,Cable and Gracie

Guest caiteag

:cry1:cry1

I'm so very sorry to read this... That first picture you have of him in your post is one of my favourite greyhound pictures ever. Everytime I saw it I laughed.

Run free, sweet Marcus... :gh_run2:gh_run2:gh_run2

Marcus was a really special dog. I'm glad I got to love on him a few times.

Run free sweet boy. :cry1:f_white:f_white:f_white:cry1

:angelwings

Maureen, Sean, Molly (Garnett Madonna) and Sully (Starz Top Style)

gallery_1382_2909_6961.jpg

Visit LongDog Leather Works for adjustable leather martingales, wrap around leather tag bags, breakaway tag necklaces and cool leather people gear. Check out our Etsy store!

Am I the only one envisioning sweet Marcus lounging over the edge of his cloud, head happily dangling in space?

1757659[/snapback]

No, I can totally see it. He'd sidle right up to his cloud, "rutch" his hind end up onto it, and then just flop right over. I hope he found a lap for his head.

Deanna with galgo Willow, greyhound Finn, and DH Brian
Remembering Marcus (11/16/93 - 11/16/05), Tyler (2/3/01 - 11/6/06), Frazzle (7/2/94 - 7/23/07), Carrie (5/8/96 - 2/24/09), Blitz (3/28/97 - 6/10/11), Symbra (12/30/02 - 7/16/13), Scarlett (10/10/02 - 08/31/13), Wren (5/25/01 - 5/19/14),  Rooster (3/7/07 - 8/28/18), Q (2008 - 8/31/19), and Momma Mia (2002 - 12/9/19).

Guest DoofBert

So sorry to read this news! Run free Marcus...and be sure to find the time to share some signs with your family to let them know you're doing ok. They love you and will miss you!