Made Some Changes

Jeff

I made a change today that "could" effect things.

blah blah blah -- compressing CSS -- blah blah blah

if you notice any weirdness with colors and/or fonts, let me know ;)

Or if you notice a speed improvement or if it is slower, I'd like to know that as well.

I guess no change is also good lol

large.greyhound_signature.gif

I've been on most of the morning and no change speedwise for me. I've noticed lots of weirdness but it is with members not colours or fonts :lol

Actually, I have noticed my siggy taking quite a while to load :dunno

Edited by Mystella

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

I've been on most of the morning and no change speedwise for me. I've noticed lots of weirdness but it is with members not colours or fonts :lol

:lol

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Seems to get stuck more often when I open posts. No problem when I surf other sites on the net. (Yes, there really are other sites! We are allowed to look at them aren't we? :) )

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I was home at lunch and noticed a topic opened with smaller fonts (the size that is typed into the fast reply box) and none of the member icons or signatures. But the very next topic I went to looked normal.

Everything SEEMS fast tonight. How would we know if our browser does or does not cache CSS files? By browser, do you mean Internet Explorer, Netscape, Firefox, etc? I have IE, and it does SEEM faster tonight...

I click on someone's post so I can read it. I can see, at the bottom of my screen, that slowly growing blue line that shows the page is opening. But it never goes all the way. I might see just the GT logo at the top and nothing else. Sometimes I hit Refresh and then it does OK. Sometimes not. Same thing can happen when I go forward or back clicking on topic page numbers.

Just seemed to be happening more in the past 3-4 days.

The hangup doesn't happen every time. Sometimes I can zoom around OK. I think it's more often during daytime hours than night.

I have RoadRunner. I poked around several other websites to see if it would happen again, but nope, it didn't.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

that is both your connection and remote hosted images. Example, your remote hosted signature image is not showing for me right now, I see a red X, but while it was trying to load, I saw the progress bar in the lower right, but also the remote URL in the lower left. Check the left side to see where the problem is.

We see stalling here due to the high number of remote linked images people use. Not a darn thing we can do about that though.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Guest Meredith

The only change I see is pretty fall leaves, and that's a nice change! :) But I have DSL, so loading speed is rarely - if ever - an issue with me.

things are peachy here.

BTW, since you are using php, do you also send the web pages compressed via ob_gzhandler?

now when I click on the little square next to the name of the post it takes me to the top of the last page rather than to the last post I read.

Maureen, Sean, Molly (Garnett Madonna) and Sully (Starz Top Style)

gallery_1382_2909_6961.jpg

Visit LongDog Leather Works for adjustable leather martingales, wrap around leather tag bags, breakaway tag necklaces and cool leather people gear. Check out our Etsy store!