My Sweet Boy Bomber

Guest Furmama

Guest Furmama

I have no idea how I am able to write this now but all I can say is I am numb and can barely see through the tears. It turns out our precious boy had a tumor on his heart that was slowly bleeding into his chest cavity and this evening it ruptured. It was sitting on the couch and his breathing started to become labored and he was frothing at the mouth. I tried to get him off the couch back into his bed and he could not stand at all, he fell onto Dancer and collapsed. I screamed for Kirk and we rushed him to the Vet and they stayed open to wait for us. It merely took an hour to X-rayand biopsyto get the diagnosis that it was fatal, his entire chest cavity was filled with blood compressing his heart and lungs. My sweet sweet boy was suffering terribley. I cannot believe we had to make that decision, why couldn't God have taken him "naturally". We held his paws and stroked and kissed him while he went to sleep. I walked home all by myself from the Vets in a daze... I do not even remember arriving home.

Bomber, we had you for over 2 years and it was the brightest 2 years of my life. I went to GRA to "look" to adopt a little female and there was NO WAY you were letting me out of that kennel without you. You rattled and rolled int that crate to get my attention and I said "hey Bill, how about that one, he looks cute". I came outside with you to Daddy and Krissy and Daddy laffed at me and said "are u sure there are no bigger ones in there?" You were a big strapping boy but you stole my heart that day and the rest is history. Even though you ate almost all of our wood furniture and we now have rounded corners on all our stuff, I grew to love you more than I ever thought possible. Even after the second day when you jumped up on mommy & daddy's bed and peed on mommy's side to show me YOU were the boss!! I was a tough sell after all your destructive behaviour, but you made me love you... your big huge brown eyes and your velvet ears that mommy loved to stroke. You made me love you. I love you Bomber and I always will. I hope you heard mommy & daddy telling you how much we love you as you fell asleep. Run free my angel boy, we will meet again I promise. Mommy is sad right now but I know you loved me too so I will get better soon OK??

Be a good boy and play nice with all the angel kids at the Bridge ....

Goodbye & goodnight my sweetheart.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry. What a terrible shock to have it happen so suddenly.

:f_pink

D

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Oh, I am so sad to read this and I am so very, very sorry. :grouphugf_yellow:grouphug

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

omg, I couldn't believe it when I saw his name here...I'm soooo very sorry for the loss of your sweet, sweet Bomber :grouphug:f_white:grouphug:f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest Billy_thundersmom

Oh Doreen. I am in absolute shock. I am so very sorry for the loss of sweet Bomber. He is free and waiting for you at the bridge. My heart is broken for you.

:grouphug:f_pink:f_pink

GodSpeed, Bomber... goodbye, Friend

Guest cupcakeorbust
I have no idea how I am able to write this now but all I can say is I am numb and can barely see through the tears.  It turns out our precious boy had a tumor on his heart that was slowly bleeding into his chest cavity and this evening it ruptured.  It was sitting on the couch and his breathing started to become labored and he was frothing at the mouth.  I tried to get him off the couch back into his bed and he could not stand at all, he fell onto Dancer and collapsed.  I screamed for Kirk and we rushed him to the Vet and they stayed open to wait for us.  It merely took an hour to X-rayand biopsyto get the diagnosis that it was fatal, his entire chest cavity was filled with blood compressing his heart and lungs.  My sweet sweet boy was suffering terribley.  I cannot believe we had to make that decision, why couldn't God have taken him "naturally".  We held his paws and stroked and kissed him while he went to sleep.  I walked home all by myself from the Vets in a daze... I do not even remember arriving home. 

Bomber, we had you for over 2 years and it was the brightest 2 years of my life.  I went to GRA to "look" to adopt a little female and there was NO WAY you were letting me out of that kennel without you.  You rattled and rolled int that crate to get my attention and I said "hey Bill, how about that one, he looks cute".  I came outside with you to Daddy and Krissy and Daddy laffed at me and said "are u sure there are no bigger ones in there?"  You were a big strapping boy but you stole my heart that day and the rest is history.  Even though you ate almost all of our wood furniture and we now have rounded corners on all our stuff,  I grew to love you more than I ever thought possible.  Even after the second day when you jumped up on mommy & daddy's bed and peed on mommy's side to show me YOU were the boss!!  I was a tough sell after all your destructive behaviour, but you made me love you... your big huge brown eyes and your velvet ears that mommy loved to stroke. You made me love you.  I love you Bomber and I always will.  I hope you heard mommy & daddy telling you how much we love you as you fell asleep.  Run free my angel boy, we will meet again I promise.  Mommy is sad right now but I know you loved me too so I will get better soon OK?? 

Be a good boy and play nice with all the angel kids at the Bridge ....

Goodbye & goodnight my sweetheart.

1615558[/snapback]

:f_red

I am so sorry. :( My heart is breaking for you. Sweet Bomber...there is no more pain or sickness or tears at the Bridge. I know that Angel Sophia has you under her beautiful golden wings and tonight you have earned yours. You will run and play with our Angels but most of all you are forever young and healthy once more. Send your Mommy and Daddy sweet Rainbows from the Bridge...I know that you will watch over your family and guide them until you meet again. We love you sweet Bomber. :grouphug:grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Doreen, I am so sorry. I have been thinking of him since you PM'd me on the weekend. I am simply stunned, I knew there was something serious, I just didn't expect this. My deepest sympathies go to you and your family. :grouphug:f_white

Run free sweet boy, God speed. :gh_run

Love Janet, Foxy, Jake and Jet

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

{{{{{{{{{{Doreen & Kirk}}}}}}}}}}

Godspeed you, sweet boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.