• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thinkin bout cha' Diane :grouphug

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

:jaw  Diane I just saw this.  I am so very sorry, what a shock this is.  What in the world could have done this?

:grouphug  :f_red

1603844[/snapback]

I don't want them to cut him open to check. I just don't want him bothered anymore. He was poked and prodded so much yesterday it was really distressing. I guess I also don't want to know really. What if its something I should have noticed.... I can't know that. I have to say something.... its not going to sound very nice, but I have to say it. I'm angry with MIL. If she had taken care of herself and not smoked herself almost into a coma (hypoxia) I would have been home like I normally would have been. I was out all weekend looking at rehabs. I spent hours going from rehab to rehab, then back and forth to the hospital. My BIL and SIL slept over so they could be near her I was busy making them comfortable, cooking and stuff. I may have missed something very important because of all this. I know that sounds awful, but I've been thinking it and I finally said it. I will never be mean to MIL, and I will never breathe a word of that to DH, but that's just how I feel right now.

He will be cremated in a private ceremony tomorrow and I can pick him up Wednesday and bring him back home where he belongs.

1604080[/snapback]

Diane, I understand how you feel, but I am willing to bet that it wouldn't have made a bit of difference. Sometimes things just happen that are completely unexpected and completely out of your control..:grouphug

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest how888

Just saw this Diane. You have my heartfelt sympathy in the loss of your beloved Fudgie. Don't beat yourself up for you didn't do a thing wrong. Howie was gone in 3 days and I felt just like you did.He was just a baby. Just believe that 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow" we will all meet n greet one more time. Fudgie find Howie and run free sweet angel . Til we meet again......... :f_red:f_red:f_red:gh_run:gh_run Linda and Nike

Interesting day.... I went to the rehab to visit MIL and make sure she's doing alright. I go down to the business office to open a cash account for MIL and the woman at the desk had pictures of greyhounds all over her desk.

I got so excited! I said you have greyhounds??? I have 2 myself...... then I remembered, I don't have 2 anymore. Tried to compose myself and not look like a loon. I told her about GT and hopefully she logs on and checks us out.

Anyway, after I left the rehab, I took a ride to the crematory. What a pretty location (that sounds weird I know) There were rolling hills, and the grass must have just been cut. Two little white houses at one end, one of those was the crematory. I sat out in the field for a bit, just looking around and a woman came out. She asked if a needed help, I told her my dog Fudgie was here to be cremated today. She knew who he is. She asked me if I wanted to come in and see the crematory. She took me in. It was a clean place. She showed me the one they used for just one animal at a time, and the other big one.

She explained how I will indeed get Fudgie back. She showed me the box he will be in, it has a little gold lock on the front. My friend Mary has an urn she wants to give me, she's engraving Fudgie's name on it for me.

I can go get him tomorrow. I didn't want to stay while he was cremated.... that was just too much for me. I sat back out on the grass for awhile and told him I love him and miss him.

On my ride home, feeling sad, I see a black lab running in the middle of the street. I stop, and he comes right over to my car. I open the back door and he hops in. Thankfully he had a dog license number on his tag. I drove over to the pound, but nobody was there to identify this lost pup. I called police to see if anyone reported him missing... nope. I called town hall and got a really nice person in the clerks department, she looked up his number 4398. His name is Shadow. The clerk gave me his address, I drove him home. I rang the bell and a woman about my age answered the door. I asked her if she had a black lab that was missing.... her face just fell, she looked in my car and said "The kids must have let him out!!" She ran over to my car and took shadow out. She thanked me a thousand times :) That made me feel really good :) I told her I had a nice ride with Shadow around town for a bit. I'm going to take Goods for a nice long walk right now.......

Diane

4463Fudgie_and_Goods_draft_2_sharpened_small.jpg

Fudgie 2/27/96 - 8/14/05 and Goods 2/27/96 - 3/12/08 ~~Together again~~

:cry1

WOW Diane.... I'm speechless

:grouphug

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I think Fudgie guided that black lab to you -- he knows what a caring person you are and that you'd help him find his way home.

Marie

Guest ChrissyB

Wow!!! The black lab, Shadow, was sent from Fudgie!! I just know he was. Fudgie wanted to show you that you can still open up and love other dogs. And that is exactly what you did by picking him up, doing the leg work, then taking him home. I am breathless just thinking about it!!! You recieved a sign that so many others search their whole lives for. Embrace it!!

Guest ChrissyB

Wow!!! The black lab, Shadow, was sent from Fudgie!! I just know he was. Fudgie wanted to show you that you can still open up and love other dogs. And that is exactly what you did by picking him up, doing the leg work, then taking him home. I am breathless just thinking about it!!! You recieved a sign that so many others search their whole lives for. Embrace it!!

I have to agree, the more I think about it, the more I think Fudgie sent you to find shadow and take him home.

I was even talking about it at dinner and teared up and got all goose bumpy...

:grouphug

Guest Houndmama

Diane I am so very sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers. :bighug

Run free, sweet Fudge! :gh_run

:f_whitef_yellow:f_white

Edited by Houndmama

I went out and played Shadow's dog license number tonight. I don't play the lottery generally... the odds aren't good enough to be tossing my money away, but I thought maybe Fudgie was sending me a sign and a bit of luck as his vet bill was pretty expensive.

I played 4398...... and in true Fudgie fashion 4903 came out LAST night :lol Just a bit off the mark, but that was him.

He can still make me laugh :lol Maybe that was his goal :)

I'm feeling better tonight...... I'm ready to go get him and bring him home. I didn't think I would be, but I am.

Diane

4463Fudgie_and_Goods_draft_2_sharpened_small.jpg

Fudgie 2/27/96 - 8/14/05 and Goods 2/27/96 - 3/12/08 ~~Together again~~