Jaynie's Spay Is On Monday, Oct 19th

Jaynie's spay is scheduled for Monday morning at around 9:00.

Based on the issues she had following anaesthesia for her dental, the protocol is being changed, and she will be treated for reflux prophylactically following the procedure (we still don't know for sure if that was the issue last time).

Based on research the vet did, I will also give her a snack at midnight, so her tummy won't have had all the hours since dinner to build up acid, and yet should have cleared before the procedure. I have the option of giving her clear broth at around 3am, but have mixed feelings about that so may not.

I have arranged things to be with her all next week, with my laptop set up on a TV dinner table beside her crate, so I can get things done and still be close to her.

While she will be in good and caring hands, if you can spare a thought for her on Monday, it would be so appreciated.

Edited by Rickiesmom

Sending lots of prayers and good thoughts! I'm sure Jaynie will be just fine. :)

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Good thoughts for an uneventful surgery and quick recovery.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Sending lots of prayers.... You will both be in our thoughts and prayers...

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

:goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Lots of good thoughts coming to Jaynie for an uneventful surgery and a fast recovery. :grouphug

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Mary- She will be fine, now you have to be! I will be sending loads of prayers for your sweet girl for a easy dental and a fast recovery from it all.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Mary I'm thinking good thoughts for you guys tomorrow.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I dropped my girlie off at 7:30 - they called a short time ago to say she'd been induced, so I guess the procedure will start shortly.

A question about pain meds: they are planning to send her home with metacam. Is that enough? I was sort of expecting something stronger.

Guest Energy11

I'd ask about the pain meds, and see what they say. If she really needs any, the Metacam should be okay. Again, better be safe and ask.

Hope she heals quickly! Hugs from here!

Just got a call from the clinic - Jaynie is awake and recovering better from anaesthesia than last time (which is very good news!). They said she should be ready to come home by 5PM. I asked them if we could aim for 4PM and then delay if she needs it. I can hardly wait to have my baby girl home again! :wub: