Jaynie's Spay Is On Monday, Oct 19th

Jaynie's pick-up is delayed. Clinic called, the incision is weeping a bit so they want to watch her awhile longer. They said there was nothing to worry about, hope so. They close at 7PM, so that's the latest I would pick her up, presumably.

All my girls have been spayed before I got them, except for Arlie and that was several years ago, so I don't recall the sequence of events exactly to be able to compare.

Good girl Jaynie! Glad she is out of anesthesia, and I know her weepy incision will be all better in no time!

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Jaynie is home. She's pretty out of it, but not like after the dental, she's definitely had a better recovery this time from the anaesthetic.

The incision bleeding has stopped but we are to monitor the incision, in particular tonight, and should it show signs of bleeding again, we are to take her to the e-vet.

She's in her crate resting. I washed all the bedding today, and she has on a bite-not collar which is hopefully not too uncomfortable. I'll sleep downstairs with her for these first few days at least, until it seems clear everything is happening as it should.

She's on Metacam and Pepcid for the next 3 days. The stitches are self-dissolving, hopefully she will have a smooth and quick healing process.

Thank you for your answers, experiences and good thoughts. After the dental experience I was a basket case today, and your messages helped me a lot.

I'm so glad she's home. I hope she has a good night, and heals quickly and well.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

She's resting well, wouldn't eat but has pottied a couple of times. Still pretty zonked.

I forgot to mention, her weight, was was as low as 59.x after all her travels and then her dental, vs. a racing weight of 62 lbs, is now up to 65 lbs, which is probably about where she should stay - I was so pleased when we weighted her this AM.

Looks like it will be a peaceful and restful night.

Guest SueG201

Keep a close eye on the stitches that are self absorbing, my greyhound had a terrible time

with them and developed a bad infection and high temp from them, the vet said her body

was rejecting them. My whippet was fine with the stitches, but then again there is not much

to keep a whippet down and calm