What Do You Miss Most About Your Bridge Babies?

Guest AlottaGreys

Some days I just miss Singer.

I miss his thick coat and the way his fur tickled my nose when I hugged him. I miss the way he leaned into me when I cried. I miss his deep brown eyes and the soulful, understanding way he looked at me. There are som many things I miss about him. Even with a house full of wonderful loving dogs, I miss Singer...

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Guest dadto6greys

It was April 2002 when my Gus crossed the bridge and June 2002 when my very first greyhound, Conrad, followed him. I suppose there are many things in common about both that I miss, but each had such different personalities there are particular things I miss the most about both.

Gus - You know that soft spot on a grys nose between the tip and the bridge? Gus used to sigh every time I kissed him there, like it was his greatest pleasure. Or when I'd scratch his ears and he'd lay his head in my lap and look up at me with that satisfied look in his eyes. His coat was so soft and I miss the feel of it under my hands when I petted him. And most of all I miss how he made me feel good about myself. He was mine, all mine and he wouldn't trade me for the world.

Conrad - Oh goodness, how I miss every single thing about him. He slept with me from the very first day I brought him home. He followed me everywhere. Sometimes I'd stop right in front of him and he'd have to slam on the brakes...hahaha, then he'd put his head between my legs from behind and make me scratch his neck. So many other little things that are just too hard to remember.

Guest Lunula

My family had a Siberian Husky (Tasha) for almost 15 years when I was a kid -- I still miss that dog and she is regularly featured in my dreams!

Mostly, I miss those big fluffy hugs, petting her soft pointy ears and watching her play like a puppy when it snowed.

Man, she was a great dog! So sweet, so calm and just loved my family with all her heart. Hopefully I'll see her again one day... :wub:

There are so many things I miss about Prince. His regal look,his sweet personality,the way he would groan when you rubbed his ears.The way he would attack the bubbly shark that he got from his secert santa this past year. How he would catch fruits and vegs when you threw them in the air for him. I miss very thing about Prince.

Sarah, mom to Stella and Winston . And to Prince, Katie Z, Malone, Brooke, Freddie, Angel and Fast who are all waiting at the Bridge!

www.gpawisconsin.org

Guest danigirl
I think this says it all :cry1

c6f03246b56eaedcdf11c86a497fcfd9.jpg

1421135[/snapback]

Awww, what a sweet picture!! You can tell they really love each other!!!

Guest ghiblismom

I miss Ghibli's sweet gentle soul and the way he always would 'share' my cup of coffee... I miss Sarah's full tilt bozo tearing around the backyard and lounging in the baby pool... I miss Hooch's fancy prance and dancing in the garage... I miss HannahBoo's peaking through the tall grasses...

Guest guinness_the_greyt

My Harley Boy...

I miss his underbite.... and crooked crooked teeth.

I miss his little woofs... he never did bark in 9 years... just woofs.

I miss how he would strut around the room with a toy just to be a show off.

I miss how he would keep the other dogs inline.

I miss his kisses

I miss snuggling

I miss the feeling of safety he gave me

I miss his bow legs

I miss his eyes... even when his degeneration set it.

I even miss how his farts sounded like a 2 liter pop bottle be opened.

I could go on forever but I will cry....

Guest kbone

Laila december 1994-May 23, 2005

I miss her cold little nose pressed on me while she went to town making bread. I miss her purrr. I miss her crossed eyes. i miss watching her roll around in the sun. I miss going into my sons room at night and finding her asleep on his pillow.I keep finding her fur on things, on clothes, in my closet. I feel like I could go and see her right now, but she's not here anymore.

Guest Greytdog00

Angel Sammie 9/12/1997-5/21/2005

What don't I miss about my Heart Girl...

I miss coming home to her thumping tail...

I miss her demanding woof...

I miss "eating her up" with kisses...

I miss snuggling in her thick soft fur on her neck...

I miss her burps in my face after dinner...

I miss looking deep into her eyes and telling her how much I love her...

I miss falling asleep with her in her bed...

I miss my Sweet Silly Silly Sammie.

I miss everything about all of them. Not a day goes by when I don't think of Schnapps, Beansy, Daisy, Smoke, Ruby, Jerry, Chui or Misty :(.

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

• 6 years later...
Guest greyhound515

So many things to miss about these sweet needle-nose bandits!! My Daphne would get so excited when I arrived home from work and would jump at me so hard there were several times I thought she had broken my nose!! I had to break her of this because I have a very nice nose and no desire for cosmetic work. I miss the way she would ** her head to the side whenever I spoke to her, it was as if she hung on every word I uttered. I miss how she would perk up her ears when I asked if she wanted to go "bye-bye in the car," as Daph was my little road warrior and adored road trips. We stayed at one Best Western up in Minnesota and they fussed and fawned over her like she was a rock star-she loved that. Most of all, I miss how in tune with my emotions she was. One afternoon I came home from work and there was talk about "downsizing." I lie down on the couch and cried. When Daph saw this she culed up next to me and licked my hands until the tears stopped. People said she was spoiled, but any Greyhound lover knows she was simply well-loved. Rest in peace, my darling girl.

oh, my little Kasie...my heart dog...the Beagle Chihuahua mix who rescued me 16 years ago when I thought I was rescuing her. She has been gone 18 months now, and every day she is with me still.

I miss that beautiful Beagle "singing" that she would do, so much like a greyhound's rooing...throwing her head back, long floppy ears dangling, singing for all she was worth...

I miss her rolling around in her blankets in bed on her back, grunting and snorting like a little piglet in delight...

I miss her waiting until the lights were turned out at bedtime and THEN spending at least 10 minutes rearranging all her bedding on the floor beside us before settling down for the night... :rolleyes:

I miss her jumping into bed with me, crawling under the covers, snuggling up to my belly and heart, and falling asleep...

I miss her playing with her favourite stuffies...moosey, teddy, and mousie...they are in a place of honour now on my dresser...

I miss her playing in the first snowfall, even when she was 15&1/2 years old and could barely walk, as if she were a puppy...

I miss her gentle caring nature with the other animals, how she ruled them all, but cared for them deeply...

I miss how stubborn she was, but how she loved me with everything in her...and always let me know it, no matter what.

I hope you are having the time of your life with the other Rainbow Players, Little One...Mommy loves you...

Rio aka El Rio (Dec. 4/07) - Home May 16, 2010
Tiana aka CTW Tyra Time (June 7/07 to December 9, 2016) - home July 1, 2010, we miss you terribly, Sweet Girl :weep

Willy aka Starz Predator (Oct. 15/06) - home Aug. 29, 2010
and littermates Merlin aka CTW Excalibur & Mirage aka CTW Mirage (Jan. 1/08) - home Dec. 5, 2010
& June 3, 2012
missing Beagle-Chihuahua, Kasie Lynn (March 15/95-Sept. 13/10)

I miss her so much........ Oh I was going to reply a comment here but I am unable to do it just now. Too painful. Too soon. so many memories - I just want her back in my arms. So sorry.

:( :( :(

Maybe another time.

Well its only been 2 hours since SLICK went home to be with our LORD but my last sight was looking into his brown eyes and telling him I was sorry and I would see him later and to be a good boy.

Dan

I am so so sorry you lost your wonderful SLICK. He is in the LORD"S arms now. I told my Angel that I would see her soon too.

God Bless

Guest twoskinnydogs

I just lost Emma 3 weeks ago, I miss everything about her. I miss the way she always greeted me at the door, the kisses she gave, and I guess mostly I miss her sleeping beside me as she had for the last 10 years. I even miss those 3am jabs to my ribs while she was "sleep running".

I miss everything about her!

Run Free Emma Doo 10/30/99 - 01/11/12

I can't believe I've lost all three of the animals who lived with me since last time I posted in this thread :cry1

I miss Phene's smell and super soft fur. I miss singing duets with him and his beautiful amber eyes. I also miss how much he loved his friends, both human and non human.

I miss Loca's crazy antics and the empathy she seemed to have for fellow dogs and people. She is the dog who would stick by an injured dog and she would snuggle with me if I was having a bad day.

I miss everything about Linus the cat. Here claws never came out and she was always sweet.

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest greymama002

Today is one year since we lost our Tina, and I still think of her everyday:

her thick bunny soft fur,

her raspy in-your-face bark when she wanted something

how she'd curl up in the tinest little ball at the foot of my bed every night

how she loved the snow and would look like she was flying as she raced through it

how she liked to rub her little snout all over you

how she always had to try whatever you happened to be eating, and even took off with a raw potato once

Ruffie especially misses their little biteyface game they would play on walks; he's tried to get the others to play, but they ignore him

most of all I miss her boundless joy and zest for life.

Guest greygirls2

I miss so much about JJ since he left two weeks ago. But I think what I miss the most is his long warm body sleeping next to me on the bed at night. What I wouldn't give now for one of those paws to smack me in the face jarring me awake or that sweet face I'd find tucked under my pillow which made me ever cautious not to smack him inthe face if I rolled over. How I miss my boy....I haven't had a good night's sleep since he left.......................... :weep

I am so sorry for everyone's losses.

:(:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest dragontearz

I miss Guinness' mohawk that went grey as he got older,and the way he ALWAYS had to know where I was at all times...and the way he'd play bow and eat mouth-fulls of snow when we'd play in the yard..and how every night he'd come and stare as us from the bedroom and sigh until we got the hint that it was time for bed.

Sutra always ordered me around...I always knew what he wanted because he communicated so well. Don't get me wrong, I think I have a pretty good handle on what my pups want and need, but this transcended the usual communication.

The big thing I miss though is seeing his front legs come up off of the ground when he barked for a cookie :lol It was cute and hilarious. When he came to me, he was very ill, so when he started doing that, it just made my heart sing. Gone far too soon for my liking :cry1

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest ladyhound

I miss Luna burying her head in my shoulder...her adorable roaches on the couch...her teeth chattering...the long wandering walks we used to have. I miss that totally non-verbal communication we had. It's how she told me it was time to let her go when she had osteo and couldn't stay any more....God I miss my girl so much.