Raven

aandboriginals

We don't know how many of you will understand this post, or even approve of it, but it is something we feel we have to do.

We found out today that Raven, a greyhound that we adopted late in 2000, went to the bridge.

Raven was a beautiful dark brindle girl with a graying face. She was very slender, and long, and she LOVED to be touched. She used to stand for hours, leaning against us just to be touching either me or my husband.

We had Raven in our home for just a short while, when we were forced to rehome her and 4 other greyhounds that we had adopted. NO FLAMES please. Bruce had lost his job, and we tried our best to give the greys the best care possible, but we couldn't afford the vet bills, and we had to sell our home and move. This decision in 2002 was the hardest decision in our lives. We kept two of our greys and found the BEST homes for the other 5. I knew all of the people that the greys went to, through adoption groups, and also personally.

Raven went back to her original foster parents, and lived there until yesterday, she was 12 years old, and she had some health issues for a while, but yesterday while running in the yard she broke a front leg badly, in two places, and her parents made the decision to let her go to the bridge.

So today we got the email with this sad news. We are so very grateful to Kathy & Tim, Raven's parents for caring for her, and being with her when she went to the bridge.

Below are some photos of our Ray-Ray, modeling some A & B Original's for me when she was ours.

americanray2.jpg

rayts.jpg

rayew3.jpgrayew2.jpgrayew1.jpg

Thanks for understanding our need to acknowledge the life of this girl who graciously graced our lives, even for a little while.

Angela & Bruce

I'm so very sorry. :(:grouphugf_yellow Run free, Raven.:gh_run

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I am so sorry. I remember when this happened. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I am so sorry. :( Run with the wind precious Raven. :f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm sorry that all of you had to lose her. God Speed Raven! :f_pink:gh_run

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Condolences to all lovely Raven's friends and families.

Godspeed, little girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest lotsahounds

I know how hard this is for you & Bruce Ang. I'm so sorry! Remember all the special memories you have of her and remember she knew she was loved by all who were lucky enough to be part of her life. Run free sweet Raven! :f_pink