Raven

aandboriginals

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. You had to make such a difficult decision, and she had a wonderful life with her foster family. She is running free and playing with all of the other Bridge kids.

Edited by jodyksam

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

I remember when you were going through that difficult time. You had to do what was best for all concerned, and you did :) I am sorry about Raven. I hope things are better for the both of you these days.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Angela, yes, most of us old timers remember the pain you suffered during that time. We all cyber hugged and cried together for you and Bruce.

I'm so sorry to hear about Raven. You did the best you could for your babies... and her "other" mom too.

Run free Raven. :f_pink:angelwings

We need to act responsibly toward the plants and animals with whom we share the world, who have no voice, but whose presence make our world a blessed place.

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words." Anna Sewell "Black Beauty" 1877

Bobbi, Rick, Reddy, Jenny, and Kat ...Bethel, CT.

Falcon, Romeo, Addie, Shiloh, Frosty, Stormy and Sunshine waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Greyhound Rescue and Rehabilitation..Cross River, NY

I am so sorry for your loss and for the grief of Raven's current family as well.

Nary a flame here--you made sure your pups were safe, loved, and well-cared for as you faced a tough spell in your lives. That was an act of responsible love.

:grouphug:f_red

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Oh no..not another one.

So sorry for your loss. :weep:f_pink

I'll be glad when this month is over with.

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

I'm sorry to hear about Raven :sad1 I remember the times you had to go through in 2002. I doubt that anyone with half a brain cell would flame you for what you had to do.

:f_pink

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

We don't know how many of you will understand this post, or even approve of it, but it is something we feel we have to do.

We found out today that Raven, a greyhound that we adopted late in 2000, went to the bridge.

Raven was a beautiful dark brindle girl with a graying face. She was very slender, and long, and she LOVED to be touched. She used to stand for hours, leaning against us just to be touching either me or my husband.

We had Raven in our home for just a short while, when we were forced to rehome her and 4 other greyhounds that we had adopted. NO FLAMES please. Bruce had lost his job, and we tried our best to give the greys the best care possible, but we couldn't afford the vet bills, and we had to sell our home and move. This decision in 2002 was the hardest decision in our lives. We kept two of our greys and found the BEST homes for the other 5. I knew all of the people that the greys went to, through adoption groups, and also personally.

Raven went back to her original foster parents, and lived there until yesterday, she was 12 years old, and she had some health issues for a while, but yesterday while running in the yard she broke a front leg badly, in two places, and her parents made the decision to let her go to the bridge.

So today we got the email with this sad news. We are so very grateful to Kathy & Tim, Raven's parents for caring for her, and being with her when she went to the bridge.

Below are some photos of our Ray-Ray, modeling some A & B Original's for me when she was ours.

americanray2.jpg

rayts.jpg

rayew3.jpgrayew2.jpgrayew1.jpg

Thanks for understanding our need to acknowledge the life of this girl who graciously graced our lives, even for a little while.

Angela & Bruce

1283307[/snapback]

We lost our Valerie on 02/17/05........you saved ravens life.do not fret.

Valerie & Raven have croosed the bridge.no more pain.running free.

Godspeed we feel your pain