Reko Sojourner

Batmom

Guest Lexus

No finer words could have been spoken about this sweet baby girl! Thank you Batman's mom for acknowleding her short life. She deserved this recognition.

Godspeed little one

Mary

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please join me in thinking of her for just a minute, so that she can tell her new friends across the bridge, “You see? People remember me, too, and loved me however briefly.”

Godspeed, little girl.

Run free sweet Reko, even though your time here was brief your soul touched so many! How very sad. :(:angel:angelwings:gh_run

Praying for all the missing greys!

Guest Jengonetothedogs

Thank you, Batman's Mom, for your touching tribute to a beautiful girl. I'll look for you over the bridge, sweet brindle!

Guest Snowy8

Reko Sojourner, you will be missed....but you are not lost. We know where you are & who you're with. There are so many other puppers up there with you to keep you company until we cross over the bridge too. Until then, know that there are a lot of humans that love you.

Run free pretty girl... :f_pink:gh_lay

Run free and healed sweet baby girl...run with the wind...you will always be loved. :f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Thanks, Batmans' Mom, for posting that. I was waiting until I knew Dee had made it public, but even so, I was dreading putting words to it. I've tried to write out what was in my heart that day, but it hasn't happened yet (words aren't normally a problem, for me).

Only thing I would add is that it was Saturday afternoon, not evening... we headed to the vet about 1:30pm. I cried the whole way there, while sojo tried to find a way to lie comfortably in the van.

She had gone downhill *so* fast... just last wednesday she ran a lap around the yard, and on Saturday, she would barely go outside to relieve herself. Dee was out of town, but we talked and decided it wasn't fair to sojo to wait until she came home to tell her goodbye. So I passed along Dee's goodbye messages (and Tara's, and the one I knew Mary would have given me if she'd known about it).

All the way to the vet I was telling her how wonderful she was, and how much we loved her. Dee promised her that we'd keep an eye out for her kids and take care of them when they retire, too, so I told her that. And I promised her that Dr Brown would make all the pain go away, really soon.

I wish you all could have known this brave, sweet girl. She had a dignity and a love that just superceded any other thing about her. And until Saturday, she *never* gave any indication of being in pain. On Sat, she whimpered once in the van while she looked for a comfy spot. That was it.

It was my privilege, and my honor, to be with her that day. I'm just sorry that it came so early in her life.

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Oh no! I felt such a connection with Sojourner...I guess because she was up for adoption with Loca, from the same farm and from the same group, as well as the same adoption posting. Jey, that was a beautiful tribute. This is such sad news...thank goodness she wasn't in pain and that she had a loving home. And thank you Dee and Mary for loving her and being with her at the end. And I know Beansy, my heart dog, will take good care of her.

:f_white

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest Greybiscuit

Oh no - I was just thinking of her today - sweet angel. Run free at the bridge where we will meet you some day soon! We will think of you often.

Guest how888

Oh how hard this must be for all who came in contact with her. Run free sweet angel,your pain is gone, run with the best up there over that big beautiful rainbow bridge. :f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red I just know my Howie will meet you there and take care of you for he was so full of compassion as you were. you were beautiful.

run free sweet girl...I am sorry your retirement was so breif. Run your little heart out and have fun at the bridged with all your friends

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Guest TheMackeyPack

So many of us have followed this little girl's journey. I have tears welling in my eyes.

Run free Sojourner and a big hug to the wonderful people who gave you love your remaining days

Guest largegreylover

I am so sorry to hear about Sojo. It is a blessing for her but deep sadness for us. I will tell Ziza when I get home.

Poor girl! Run free with the other bridge kids!

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.