Solo

Burpdog

Went to the bridge this afternoon.

I had decided it would be today or Wednesday as his walking had been getting worse. Acupuncture treatment on Tuesday didn't help much. Thursday he was tossing & pouncing on a stuffy (not very long, but he was pleased). Last night he ran the length of the yard. 3 a.m. he went out and pottied and was very unsteady. 7 a.m. had night poops (or so I thought). I cleaned him up and he slept awhile. Then he starting getting agitated because he couldn't get up. This had happened before, so I watched him a little while. It became apparent he was not going to be able to get up. Rosemary & I got him into the van. Dr. Baley gave him the shot while he was in the van so he wasn't hurt transporting him into the clinic. He went quick & very peacefully.

I am going to miss his extreme chattering excitement when I walk in the door after work tomorrow.

I hope he is chasing those squirrels and attacking any shower doors that are around the bridge :)

I only wish I could have given him some more good months.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Greymom

Diane -- I am so very sorry for your loss. He is running freely at the Bridge smiling. He's also thanking you for all you did for him to make him happy. There's tears in my eyes as I write this. You're in my prayers.

Guest MaximusMom

Sweet, sweet Solo... run free at the bridge f_yellow:cry1:gh_run2:heart:angelwings

Diane, I am sorry so to read this; Solo's been on my mind a lot, as I always keep "tabs" on him via your posts. Lots of hugs and prayers to you... :bighug:angel

Guest 8_Greyt_Greys

im so sorry i know how this hurts. but you gave hime the best. run free sweet pup. there is lot of friends for you to play with.

Diane, I'm so sorry for your loss! I know you did everything humanly possible to make sure that Solo's final days were as happy and pain-free as they could be. Run free, Solo! :grouphugf_yellow

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest BleusysMom

Sweet Solo....Run Free!!!!

Diane...remember his Happy stuffie pouncing and running moments...and try to smile with the memories of that Galant Laddie....

Hugs to You, and all You do..... :heart

{{{{{{{{{{Diane}}}}}}}}}}

I'm glad he had you, Diane -- to take care of him and smile when he ran the fence and show off his handsome pictures and let him go with dignity.

Run free, Solo.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry for your pain. :grouphug:candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Oh Solo...Sweet Solo...Run with the wind boy...Run like you've never run before. You are SO loved. (((((((Diane))))))) :grouphug:grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I am so happy that he had someone like you in his life, though it was only for a short time.

Run Free Sweet Solo, attack those evil shower curtains, and stuffies. You will always be remembered.

The crew Desi, Comet, Theo, Memphis, Belle, the 2 adult humans, and the kiddo.

R.I.P. Bear, Bilbo, Tippy, Guinea Pig Paige

Desi (TNJ By Design), Comet (Corpus Comet) Theo (Gable Thinsulate)

Bear (CS What A Bear) Dec. 3, 1999 - Dec 22, 2008 Bilbo (CTW Buffalo Bill) July 2001 - Aug 17, 2011,

Diane,

So very sorry to hear of Solo's passing. :( He received superb care while in your hands, and was so very loved. He's whole again and romping with all our other beloved ones at the Bridge, always smilin' down on his favorite mom. Godspeed, sweetie. :bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest lotsahounds

Diane there just no words to convey how sorry I am for the loss of Solo. He was such a beautiful boy and I know how much you will miss him. Take comfort knowing that he knew how much you loved him. f_yellow Run with the wind Solo

Our sympathy. It was good to meet him. He was happy at your house.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

I'm so very sorry, Diane. My prayer had been that Solo would have much, much more quality time with you. The time he did have was so rich and he knew joy and love and all the comforts he could have ever wanted. My heart and my deepest sympathies go out to you.

Lori :f_red

I'm very sorry to hear of Solo's passing to The Bridge :f_pink

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

:( So very sorry Diane... :f_pink

Run free Solo. :angelwings

We need to act responsibly toward the plants and animals with whom we share the world, who have no voice, but whose presence make our world a blessed place.

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words." Anna Sewell "Black Beauty" 1877

Bobbi, Rick, Reddy, Jenny, and Kat ...Bethel, CT.

Falcon, Romeo, Addie, Shiloh, Frosty, Stormy and Sunshine waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Greyhound Rescue and Rehabilitation..Cross River, NY