Olewo Carrot Recall

Chewy has not sold the carrots for a while.  I just ordered some on Amazon and the box was not sealed well and I think I wound up ordering from a third party.  The bag is crushed looking.  I tried to find the recalled lots and can't find anything on search.  Does someone know where to find the recalled lot numbers before I feed these to my dogs.  Thanks.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Irene, I searched this site and they weren't listed.

https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts

Nothing here either.

https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/?s=owelo

I'd suggest calling Owelo directly and provide the name of the Amazon 3rd party distributor. When I've had a defective 3 party product,the manufacturer banned them from selling it on Amazon again.

Edited by macoduck
  • Like 1

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I've seen nothing about a recall and last purchased them a few months ago from Chewy. I'm thinking that I would have received notification from Chewy if the product we received could have been affected. Not finding anything online about a recall at all, but Chewy also seems to have stopped carrying the beets and the mixers as well. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Yeah, there was a recall over the summer - or at least a warning not to feed certain lots of products from Olewo.  I think it was a salmonella issue???

I had one bag that had a funny color, but it smelled fine, and no one here got sick.  I was almost through with it when the notice came around.

But huh.  Not seeing anything about it now, though I clearly remember something.  

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I submitted an inquiry to their Customer Service last night when I didn't find any recall notices. Will report back when I receive a response. 

Of course, we poured the last of our most recent bag into the container recently and no longer have the bag with the date code. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

The bag that was sent to me does have that use by date.  I can't believe I was sold a recalled item.  I am so very upset.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Houndtime said:

The bag that was sent to me does have that use by date.  I can't believe I was sold a recalled item.  I am so very upset.

I understand. I must have cut off the date on my own bag :headwall but fortunately I haven't seen anything amiss with the product or the dogs. Olewo will replace the bag or refund you if you email them. Hopefully they can clarify exactly what happened too.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

7 hours ago, ramonaghan said:

I understand. I must have cut off the date on my own bag :headwall but fortunately I haven't seen anything amiss with the product or the dogs. Olewo will replace the bag or refund you if you email them. Hopefully they can clarify exactly what happened too.

Since I didn't buy it from Olewo, Amazon has to refund me and they will.  But, when I wrote to Olewo, they offered me a 15% coupon on my next purchase from them on Amazon.  The strange part is; I thought I was buying from them when I made the purchase.  It can be very confusing some times.  I gave the other vendor a poor rating and reported the transaction to Amazon.

Date is 09/15/2024

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross