Genealogy - any Jumeirah or Droopys offspring?

SGE1967

Apologise if this is the wrong forum, or inappropriate.

Doing some digging into Cara's family - one of the dogs she made friends with at the Great Greyhound Walk on Sunday was Norman, who turned out to be Cara's half brother!! - and it turns out her grandfather was Top Honcho. 

Apparently, this is a Big Deal.

Top Honcho also fathered over 10,000 puppies. So much for greyhounds being lazy!!

This got me wondering, peoples who know their greyhound's racing name, who's related to who??

Cara (Jumeirah Friend) is the daughter of Droopys Jet and Jumeirah Gaga. Anyone related???

Isn't tracking their relationships fun!  My Nate's sire is Irish dog Definite Opinion and his dam is a US girl names Drop Top.  Sadly, I don't see any direct ties to your Cara on Greyhound Data.  Drop Top does have a grandfather names Droopy's Kewell.  That likely means at least a kennel affiliation to Cara!  Nate's dam is a great granddaughter of Gable Dodge.  That makes him related to my first Greyhound, Piper (The Perfect :wub: ), who was a son of Gable Dodge. 

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Far more interesting than human family trees!! Hello to Nate - we'll call him a distant kennel-cousin, as I suspect working out the actual relationship would be very, very complicated!! 🤣

Edited by SGE1967

Well, I don’t think that ours are related directly but there are some connections - Buddy’s great-granddad on his maternal side was Head Honcho (who has an asterisk by his name - not sure why), and his sire was Droopys Maldini (granddad is also Droopys Kewell so he is a cousin of Nate’s!) Buddy himself is an Essex boy who ran all his races in Romford. He is on Greyhound Data as Buddy Molly, and there are a couple of his races that you can view through there if you are so inclined.

I’ve just had a quick look at Cara’s tree and we have lots of common names in there!

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

Guinness, formally Antigua Rum is the son of Droopys Jet and Basket of Trumps, and Head Honcho is one of his great grandfathers.

14 hours ago, MerseyGrey said:

granddad is also Droopys Kewell

Graces grandad is also Droopys Kewell

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

6 hours ago, HeyRunDog said:

Guinness, formally Antigua Rum is the son of Droopys Jet and Basket of Trumps, and Head Honcho is one of his great grandfathers.

Graces grandad is also Droopys Kewell

Awwh, Guinness is Cara's half-brother!!

1 hour ago, SGE1967 said:

Awwh, Guinness is Cara's half-brother!!

If you want to see Guinness race watch this video. He's the one on the orange coat.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

Wow, Guinness's race was fantastic! There's nothing as thrilling as a last to first finish. :wub:

Through Droopy Kewell Nate's got some wonderful cousins! 

Trip down "remembory lane" for me:
I had the fun of watching all the races for my pre-adopted girl, FTH Chyna Moon (MoMo Meany Pants) as they were streamed from Orange Park in Florida.  I usually watched them from work. :blush  MoMo's first race was one of those last to first runs.  She was in the far outside starting box and got a slow start, just like her Daddy often did. :lol:  All the other dogs were heading into the first turn while Mo was still running at a 45 degree angle from the box toward the rail.  She was still dead last at the 2nd turn.  I was thinking that she'd be home with me sooner rather than later.  Then she began to move.  She passed dog after dog through the last 2 turns and won her race handily.  I was so excited for her and proud of her!  And at work, so I couldn't celebrate properly. :lol  She generally ran her races like that.  Slow start, always in the mix at the end and still gaining, even if she wasn't ahead at the wire.  It is such fun to find and watch you hound's races!

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

5 hours ago, LBass said:

What a nice race!

She ran it well...she was in trap 6, and won easily 🙂

If only she could walk in as straight a line now as she ran in her racing days. Perhaps more distractions now walking through woods full of squirrels!

1 hour ago, SGE1967 said:

She ran it well...she was in trap 6, and won easily 🙂

If only she could walk in as straight a line now as she ran in her racing days. Perhaps more distractions now walking through woods full of squirrels!

Does she walk in a straight line until you look up, distracted by something, and then she decides to cut in front of you without warning? The result is then either 1) you knee her in the ribs and she lets out the scream of death, making everyone look at you because you’ve hurt your dog YOU MONSTER or 2) she cowers away from you dramatically making everyone look at you because you’re such a harsh pawrent YOU MONSTER 

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

7 minutes ago, MerseyGrey said:

Does she walk in a straight line until you look up, distracted by something, and then she decides to cut in front of you without warning? The result is then either 1) you knee her in the ribs and she lets out the scream of death, making everyone look at you because you’ve hurt your dog YOU MONSTER or 2) she cowers away from you dramatically making everyone look at you because you’re such a harsh pawrent YOU MONSTER 

:rofl  Or when you fall down flat on your face does she look at you like “Why are you lying in the road?”