While I've been a member of GT for years, starting with my first greyhound Pop (bridge angel) and then my 2nd greyhound Zelda, who is 11 1/2 and I fear will be going to the bridge in the next year - although I'm hoping I have a few more years with her...I have since added to my pack.

I need to update my signature to include the newest member of the pack. I helped bring Eden and a few other dogs back from Kansas a couple of months ago and he pulled at my heart strings then, but I said "no" and wouldn't foster him. Due to circumstances, I ended up fostering him beginning Thanksgiving weekend and he has in turn blossomed. He fell in love with my pack, cat and I...he even tried to protect me from my dad during the night over Christmas (if the house is dark and my dad attempts to go to the bathroom, Eden barks/growls). My pack and I love him, even the cat is ok with him (she has paddled his butt when he trotted after her). I haven't flunked fostering since Noah, and only fostered a few times after Noah.

After Noah's puppyhood, I swore NO MORE puppies...well Eden is 17 months and has similar bloodlines on one side to Noah. I still question my sanity at times, but at least I know what to expect. Other pups around age 14 - 16 months I've fostered haven't had similar antics to these two. He hates the crate, but can't be trusted loose with a muzzle yet (currently gates don't apply to him - his thought process and a phase Noah went through).

The next year will be long and full of figuring out Eden's next attempts at outsmarting me LOL. I am looking forward to him being 2 1/2 to 3 years old and turning in to a nice young houndie like Noah did...

Welcome home handsome...

Picture of Eden with his new collar (from Crazy Collars)

Edited by kolarik1

greytalk signature 2020.jpg

Marble, Noah, Eden, Raya (red heeler), Cooper & Trooper (naughty kittens)

Missing my bridge angels: Pop, Zelda, Mousey & Carmel

Congratulations!

And good luck. :lol

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

He's gorgeous!

He knows it too! Too bad he stresses himself out in the crate which causes his face to itch. He's in the phase of gates don't apply to him, hopefully he works through it soon.

Welcome, Eden! What do Zelda and Noah think of him?

Zelda ignores his puppy antics unless he tries to steal her food, then she snarls. Otherwise, he can push her out of the way and she takes it...which is a first for her as she's alpha, but is now 11 1/2.

Marble tends to be more food motivated like Eden, so she has a partner in crime for telling ME when they will eat, not the other way around. And they both have to have slow feed bowls or they inhale.

Noah makes sure he gets his fair share of attention, but is doing really well with another boy in the house. He's been really pretty good with him and would love if Eden would run with him...so far, Eden has managed circles like a reining horse before sitting :rofl

Carmel is a little wary as he'll trot after her. He REALLY wanted to see her in the dining room the other day (he is getting better about gates, so he didn't knock it down to go see her). I moved the gate, he went in to see her and a loud HISS...he came running back to me. He literally wouldn't go back in the dining room until I did, and then he stuck by my side just in case kitty hissed again...he's a big baby about cats, but he has been bullied by them previously. They've touched noses with me petting Carmel, and it's almost like he really wants to hang out with her on his terms, but doesn't appreciate cats walking up to him when he's laying down.

Once he was officially a pack member, I tried to get him to cuddle on my lap and instead he tried to dominate me...so I promptly pushed him onto the floor. Well all week he has put one paw on the couch when I'm there as if to ask "may I please cuddle mom?" I finally let him try again last night for a cuddle, and he quickly laid down (I guess he's been taking notes from Marble and Noah)....then he couldn't figure out how to get his hind end up on the couch, so he flopped over and ended up sliding out of my lap while giving me lovey dovey eyes.....he is definitely a ham.

• 6 months later...

Eden, well...he's progressing. He finally made it out of the crate about a month ago and he respects *most* gates now. I had to upgrade to a ProSelect Empire crate with 3/4" steel bars to contain him...aka Alcatraz. Now when he's in trouble or wants his food, he goes in to his crate as he knows he has time outs. He was getting in to a lot of things while I remodeled my house, so he would go in to the crate so I wouldn't have to chase him, literally. He is fed in his crate so he doesn't steal the others food, although Zelda doesn't take any crap from the others stealing her food.

Carmel tolerates him, although he's learned when the cat is bothering me and will chase her down the hallway to shush her...they get along, but they also understand each other! I made the mistake while remodeling, before Eden was loose out of the crate, of putting his crate next to my leather chair...he ripped a nice hole at the top and tossed the green fluff everywhere by dinnertime.

He also seems to be fear reactive in some situations, and when injured he won't hesitate to snarl/snap. He almost got me the other night as I looked at his sore paw, he yelped...so I went to put on his muzzle and that's when he tried. So I now know to muzzle first before attempting to look at his injured paw.

And he's turned in to quite the bruiser puppy! He's muscled up a lot, is up to 70 lbs at last weigh in, and is nearly as tall/long as Noah...and Eden just turned 2! Noah kept growing til almost age 3, so we'll see where Eden ends up.