Healthy Paw - Nice Customer Service

I got an email from Healthy Paws. They already told me that the check for $4100 is in the mail for the $4700 amp surgery for Tanzi.

They were asking how Tanzi was doing after her big leg surgery. I've never gotten an email asking how my dogs were doing after surgery. That's all they asked for. How nice. So completely opposite from VPI.

Healthy Paws was always wonderful with managing claims for Aston. After I closed my account, informing them that he had passed away, I received a sympathy card in the mail with inked signatures from all of the staff.

Above and beyond. I almost wish I had another pet to insure with them just to support them and reward good behavior. :)

Thanks for sharing this. I just enrolled Sweep with Healthy Paws last month and it's reassuring to read about these good experiences with them.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

They are amazing! We've had similar experiences with both boys. They were incredible when we had surgery to remove a cancerous lump on Jackson. Checks came fast.

I, too, received the sympathy card. Additionally when I called to tell them Fenway had passed they immediately refunded the unused portion of that months fee, stopped future charges, and told me if there was a final claim I needed to file to take my time. They were truly wonderful.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

I have Kirby with Healthy Paws and I'm about to submit my first claim. Before I could they need all of his records (understandable). So, will do that then see. I do like the app.

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

Ok, so I just did my first claim. $620 visit to the e-vet. $250 was the deductible for the year, $150 not covered (cost of the exam) so I'm getting a check back for $171. OK, better than nothing. 6 months @ $47 + $250 + $150 = a little more than the e-vet bill total but considering how much higher the e-vet bill could have been, I'll stick with insurance for this guy.

I will try and submit the claims for his allergy prescription, too - we'll see what happens.

And, by the way - he was at the e-vet Friday. On Monday I emailed the vet records from both his regular vet and the e-vet. This morning the claim was processed. Talk about fast!

Edited by sarabz

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

They are super fast, even with questions that require digging and more in depth answers. I just wish they would/could set up DD as waiting for the checks to arrive is the most time consuming part, and means I have to remember to deposit them. :P Though now that I can deposit checks to my bank through their app without ever leaving the house it's not that bad. But when you have multiple/frequent claims like I do right now it's harder to keep track of which have been reimbursed with the delay.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I was just offered Trupanion as a benefit through work and I declined-I'll stick with Healthypaws-they have been fantastic.

I saw Trupanion is in some legal trouble and may owe people money. So yeah, I'd steer clear. :P Though if they're offering it for free, couldn't you have both?

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."