My Doggies (Past And Present) With Pics

Guest drvs

Hello again.

I would like to further introduce my family (current and bridge angels).

Our first greyhound that was "ours" and not a foster was Saphira (My Dutchess Girl). She was the diva. It was Saphira's way or no way.

She walked into our house from the track, at 2 years old, and was like she had been there for years. Loved her doggie bed, never in a crate, never o the furniture, Never an accident

until later in her years. We lost her on June 23, 2016 to cancer. She was 12.

saphira.jpg

Then we decided to get her a friend... As they say can't have just one. So we took her back to the track to help us pick out her brother Corona (Palm Tree Lime).

He was a big goofy boy with the best tiger stripe brindle I've ever seen. He was a bit traumatized when we got him. It took us a year to get him out of his shell. He would

cower and go to the ground when I lifted my arm to throw a rope for him to chase. But as we all know with our greys they are very sensitive to anesthesia. We took him to

get a dental and 2 days later we had to put him down, he never recovered after going under. He was only 4.

corona.jpg

We grieved for Corona until we thought we were ready for another member of the family. We then decided, with Saphira's help, to get another grey.

We went to the track and got to look at a couple, then we all decided to add Annie (Bartsextracredit) to the crew. She was a bit reserved but very sweet.

She had raced for ~4 years and we got her at 5. We lost her February 2016. She was 12.

Annie.jpg

We had also fostered several other Greyhounds (Winnie, Duke, Goop, Andy, and Quinn)

We also started to foster Italian Greyhounds (Mackenzie, Dash, Steve, George, Grace, Charity, Lola, Bailey and Cody)

Two of which became ours, Bailey (White and Seal) and Cody (Blue and White). They are still with us, Bailey is 12 and Cody is 13

DSC01216.jpgcody.jpg

My wife also had grown up with Chihuahuas. I wasn't keen on such a small dog but "Happy wife, Happy Life" (He He).

We got Tanner

IMG_1441.jpg

Then Lucky Lady came along this year, born on St. Patrick's Day

IMG_0436.jpg

Well, thanks for looking and learning more about us and our brood.

I will post more about our fosters and some of the other funny pictures we have from our years of being owned by our greys.

We are looking for another grey to add to the family when we think the time is right and we are found my the greyhound that pics us.

Thanks again,

drvs

Who would have thought that Italian greys would be the big dogs in the house? Best wishes that your new greyhound finds you at the perfect time.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Welcome and thank you for sharing your Grey stories with us! Your family is beautiful!

this

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

• 2 weeks later...