Socks

found this interesting - also a warning.

Great dane sock removal

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — The 3-year-old Great Dane was miserable and retching when its owners rushed him to a northwest Portland emergency animal hospital.

It was something he ate!

X-rays showed a stomach full of "a large quantity of foreign material." Nearly two hours of surgery later, Dr. Ashley Magee had the answer — the dog had consumed 43 ½ socks.

de97d469c997b7225e0f6a706700cfb5.jpg

Edited by kronckew

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

Guest IrskasMom

This is unbelievable. But a Friend of mine has a Bernise Mountain Dog Puppy " Cole ". He ate her Grandson's Undies. He had Surgery to . Weird is to say the least.

All reports indicate the dog is doing well post-surgery, too. Dove Lewis (the e-vet) won second place in a contest!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Now there's a household that needs a crate for the dog and laundry hampers for the humans. Didn't household members notice that many socks missing? What did they think was happening to them?

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I had a dobe that would eat nylon footies. I swear I was careful and I have no idea where she got them. Fortunately she pooped them out. When they wouldn't come all the way, I'd cut them off and eventually she'd get them out. I had a dobe that one time ate an entire pair of panty hose. That too came out and we were lucky.

My vet the week before last removed 5 or 6 pacifers all nicely lined up in a row from a dog.

I know a dobe that died from a tennis ball. I think his vets were remiss in not opening him up. It was in there for 6 months.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

According to the DoveLewis facebook page, "Apparently this dog regularly sneaks socks, so they try very hard to keep an eye on their sock inventory, his BMs and, keep a look-out for vomited-up socks. The sock ingestion wasn't too surprising, but this quantity was a shock to everyone!"

Edited by dmswartzfager

Deanna with galgo Willow, greyhound Finn, and DH Brian
Remembering Marcus (11/16/93 - 11/16/05), Tyler (2/3/01 - 11/6/06), Frazzle (7/2/94 - 7/23/07), Carrie (5/8/96 - 2/24/09), Blitz (3/28/97 - 6/10/11), Symbra (12/30/02 - 7/16/13), Scarlett (10/10/02 - 08/31/13), Wren (5/25/01 - 5/19/14),  Rooster (3/7/07 - 8/28/18), Q (2008 - 8/31/19), and Momma Mia (2002 - 12/9/19).

According to the DoveLewis facebook page, "Apparently this dog regularly sneaks socks, so they try very hard to keep an eye on their sock inventory, his BMs and, keep a look-out for vomited-up socks. The sock ingestion wasn't too surprising, but this quantity was a shock to everyone!"

Really? :omg so it was thought to be fine when he just ate a couple of pairs? :unsure

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

I had a dobe that would eat nylon footies. I swear I was careful and I have no idea where she got them. Fortunately she pooped them out. When they wouldn't come all the way, I'd cut them off and eventually she'd get them out. I had a dobe that one time ate an entire pair of panty hose. That too came out and we were lucky.

My vet the week before last removed 5 or 6 pacifers all nicely lined up in a row from a dog.

I know a dobe that died from a tennis ball. I think his vets were remiss in not opening him up. It was in there for 6 months.

I had a grey that ate 2 socks and one bandanna off of my other greys neck. Thankfully he pooped them all out. We were VERY careful not to leave anything around he could eat. I also had a 13 year old lab who had surgery to remove large pieces of tennis ball that he ate about 4 months prior.