Pain Of A Bee Sting

Hershey just got stung by a bee. I've given her benedryl, but it really seems to hurt her. It's only been about fifteen minutes and there is no swelling. She's not letting me soak it...honestly, she doesn't want me touching her. I know it was a bee sting because I found the stinger. Any ideas of what I can do for pain?

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Taking the stinger out should help -- hope she's feeling better by now. Where did she get stung? Would she let you swab on a baking soda/water paste? Would she leave it on? Baking soda isn't a miracle painkiller, but it's supposed to reduce pain. .

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I have heard (and done) rubbing aspirin on the site of the sting helps relieve the pain....might want to check it out.... Make the area wet and just rub the aspirin right on the site. It didn't do a friggin' thing for me because, I still had some of the stinger embedded in my foot. I had to go to the dr a couple days later and she soaked it, saw the black part and broke it up with a tweezer. I soaked it for a couple days and it came out, but breaking it up was the important stage. I'm not sure how to find a black stinger in a black paw. :(

Edited by XTRAWLD

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

It was right on the side of her first toe. She is fine now, thanks everyone! It took a couple of hours, but she is back to normal. I just felt so bad...she's a tough girl and it surprised me that it bothered her so much.

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

I've never actually been stung by a bee, but I got stung by a wasp on the end of my nose and that was excruciating ......poor baby, glad she's feeling better now.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Hi,

My dog has never been stung by a bee, but I would think that this stuff would help:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=nutra+joint+cream&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Anutra+joint+cream

It's probably not in time to do anything about the bee sting you have now, but I put it on ANYTHING that is wrong with

my body, and it helps, no matter what it is. I'm not kidding. Stings, bites, muscle soreness, or even a cut to help it

heal faster. It's extremely gentle, and I wouldn't hesitate to put it on my dog. But for now, I would think anything that helps a bee sting on a human would feel good. Hope she feels better.

tracy

2rqyqhd.jpg