I'm New To These Parts!

Guest GreytScott

Guest GreytScott

Hi there!

I hope I can jump in and join you all. I found this forum a little while ago but waited to hop in until we were sure we were getting our boy. I'm sure I'll have my fair share of questions and I didn't want to miss out on the heaps of knowledge everyone here already has.

Our grey, formerly known as Atascocita Slant, now Kingsley, will be joining us this upcoming Saturday!! :) He's a rather large fawn boy with a very laid-back, friendly personality. We also have an exceptionally laid back orange tabby cat, Khan; another pup, Birdie, who is a GSP mix; and three human children, ages 9 months, 2.5, and 6.5.

As for me, I've had a dream of adopting a greyhound since I was a child. There's a track in my town, and I used to vow that I'd get a greyhound every time I passed it! :) I can be pretty determined! As it happens, I now work at that same track, interacting with the dogs every day. It's a ruff job, but somebody's got to do it. ;)

Now, I believe a photo or two of Kingsley is in order.

z0q2.jpg

gu80.jpg

And here are Khan and Birdie:

26qa.jpg

t5he.jpg

Edited by GreytScott

Congrats, Kingsley is stunning...we're kind of partial to fawns. Looks like quite the family you have there, I hope your new boy fits in well. Just remember patience is key for a Greyhound as it sounds like he will have lots of stimuli that he is not used to.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest GreytScott

Welcome! Which track are you closest?

|Thanks! I'm closest to the Jacksonville, FL tracks.

Congrats, Kingsley is stunning...we're kind of partial to fawns. Looks like quite the family you have there, I hope your new boy fits in well. Just remember patience is key for a Greyhound as it sounds like he will have lots of stimuli that he is not used to.

Thank you!

Yes, we're going to be quite a group, but I'm very dedicated to helping him assimilate at his level of comfort. I've put a lot of effort into making the house as comfortable as possible, per all the advice I see. Also, the process was pretty much, Kingsley chose me after I walked a couple of other dogs, and then I did some thorough background checking on him. He comes from the Lester Raines kennel, and I'm told there are many grandbabies there, including a charming Autistic child, who were all quite fond of Kingsley (and he of them). He's also cat-safe, so to that end I have done everything I could to match him with us.

Next step is to just help him get adjusted!

Congratulations!

Kingsley is a very handsome boy.

Love your GT name. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest GreytScott

Congratulations, he is so handsome! :beatheart

Congratulations!

Kingsley is a very handsome boy.

Love your GT name. :)

Thank ya, thank ya. :)

Guest GreytScott

Congrats! Welcome from NJ.

Thank you!

Kingsley is stunning :beatheart The rest of your family is beautiful as well :) How lucky you are to work at the track!

Thank you so much! :)

I feel pretty lucky. I genuinely love my job! Lots of my family and friends, and even some of my coworkers, don't understand liking working at the track because they can't fathom why I'd want to work in a smelly vet area with a bunch of loud dogs. I just can't be bothered because I love the dogs!

Congratulations! Nice looking family; Kingsley is so handsome! I'm in Gainesville, so not too far from Jax. Welcome!!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest GreytScott

:welcome2

Kingsley is a gorgeous :beatheart

Does he have a brindle tail with a white tip?

You know, now that you ask, I can't seem to recall! I was enamored with his handsome face, and having too much fun walking him. It'll be the first thing I look for when we go to round him up, haha.

Khan was my maiden name!!! :D Welcome all the way from Fiji from Nugget 'The only grey in the village' :lol

I love it! Thank you. :)

Ah! There's a human in those pictures! :lol

Just kidding!

Nice bunch, human baby included :wub:

:lol: Thank you!

Congratulations! Nice looking family; Kingsley is so handsome! I'm in Gainesville, so not too far from Jax. Welcome!!

Thank you! It's good to see someone so close by! :wave