A Milestone With Rudy

Guest k9soul

He's been so sweet and especially affectionate lately.. tonight I tossed some training treats in my pocket and sat on the sofa. He came up and I patted the spot next to me. He hopped right up (he used to would NEVER get on the sofa if I was sitting on it already). Then he laid right down with his front feet in my lap. I gave him some treats and stroked him, and then after he finished them he licked my hand for awhile and I gave him a few more pets. Then.. he laid his head in my lap. I felt like my heart would burst. I did not touch him I just sat quietly with him as he rested with his head on my lap. It seems like something so small, but it was a wonderful moment for us.

After awhile I decided I would get up before he started to fall asleep, so I gave him another treat and got up, sliding out from under his legs that were still in my lap, and he did not tense up at all. This is such a wonderful thing for Rudy who has always been fearful/uneasy with being touched while he is lying down.

Good boy Rudy!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

The little things can be the biggest things sometimes. :beatheart

Edited by galgrey

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Yesssss! Those are precious moments. Good boy, Rudy. And mom!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.