Canidae

beledi

I heard Canidae is going to start being sold in box stores and the formula is going to change.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

Years ago the original formula was good. Since then it seems to have been all downhill with that dog food.

Edited by Tallgreydogmom

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

I fed it exclusively many years ago with great success, but the formula/ingredients were changed and it stopped working well for my dogs and I've never tried it again. Has it been sold again?

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I fed it exclusively many years ago with great success, but the formula/ingredients were changed and it stopped working well for my dogs and I've never tried it again. Has it been sold again?

The same here. I did try it again a while ago with the same negative results for one dog.

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

• 2 years later...
Guest SonjaAndStella

Do you all think it was the millet that was the new ingredient in the Canidae that upset their tummies? I read that somewhere else on here. Just wondering because I'm looking at the Life Stages Large Breed Duck food (my parents' dogs love it), and it doesn't have millet in it.

I used to feed Canidae PURE line before they started being processed by Diamond foods, which has a high incidence of recalls. I switched to Orijen in 2014. For the price, the PURE line is still a very good food, but the ALS are not the best. This is a good place to compare foods.

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/canidae-dog-food-dry/

PURE line still has 5 stars, and if you are looking at Canidae foods then I would recommend that line over the ALS line. Again though, being processed at Diamond facilities increases the likelihood that your food could get recalled at some point.

Guest SonjaAndStella

Hi! Thank you! I like the large breed life stages duck food because it has a good bit of glucosamine in it. Can I ask what it is you don't like about it?? Thanks in advance!

I prefer to see the first 5 ingredients as meat sources, and preferably not meals. PURE Sky should have comparable glucosamine/chondroitin levels. Also, I use Cosequin DS for glucosamine and chondroitin just to guarantee that I know how much they are getting.

Nothing in particular that I don't like about ALS, it just isn't *as* good of a food--more ingredients/chemicals/supplements, less protein, need to feed more for the same nutritional value (and one of mine is a pain to get to eat at all). Preservatives in the grains can cause trouble for allergy sufferers, and one of mine is strictly grain-free, poultry-free, allergic to everything :( But if it works for your dog then it is a good food, and you could certainly do a lot worse.