China To Start Importing Chicken Products To The Us

When will everyone just stop playing nice with that country and shut down all imports/exports?! And can someone please explain to me HOW birds grown here, shipped there for processing, and then shipped back is cost productive?

GAH!!

Annnnnd.... the meds kicked in for my tooth, so time for me to go to bed :P

Guh that really sucks and is scary conwidering the track record china has. With the issues on treats that have come from them and the like. Ive been seriously considering baking my own dog treats for tito. I do wonder what food products these chickens are going to end up in.

This is disgusting. I'm really tired of having to read all the fine print on things my dogs and I eat to see where they come from.

I could not agree more...I recently flipped out when I saw some canned pumpkin I bought for the pups was a PRODUCT OF CHINA. I hadn't even thought to look on the label but did when I got home. Back it went. Last night I needed more and took my time scrutinizing the labels of the two brands they had but all they said was "distributed by" companies in the USA and that gives me a bad feeling...I am going to contact the companies (Libby's and Tendersweet) directly.

This is just disgusting. I don't eat a lot of chicken and it would be no problem to stop eating it, but it is in my dogs food. Wonder if they export bison to china? Maybe we could change to a bison based food.....if I they can eat it.....if I can afford it....... China doesn't ever have to go to war with us again; all they need to do is poison our food :dunno .....with permission from our government.

Edited by june

I could not agree more...I recently flipped out when I saw some canned pumpkin I bought for the pups was a PRODUCT OF CHINA. I hadn't even thought to look on the label but did when I got home. Back it went. Last night I needed more and took my time scrutinizing the labels of the two brands they had but all they said was "distributed by" companies in the USA and that gives me a bad feeling...I am going to contact the companies (Libby's and Tendersweet) directly.

Pumpkin. your kidding.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

Guest debster

I don't get it. We have so much room and great land in the US to raise our own food to eat. Why do we need to import this food that we don't know what has been done to it?

And even though I don't eat meat, it would be foolish to say it doesn't effect me.

Guest Waterdog66

Lemme get this straight. The USDA is allowing any company to export chickens from the North America (US and Canada), process them and then return the finished product back to the US?

There has to be something seriously wrong here if a for profit company is able to ship a product conservatively over 15,000 miles and still be cost effective enough to make that product sell in the US competing against local food products.

Sounds pretty absurd to me.

How are they ever going to know when a finished product is imported where the raw ingredients ever came from. My guess is someone will quickly realize that they can cut the shipping costs in half by just using local chickens. (IE. Chickens from the foreign country where the final product is being made)

More importantly: How are we ever going to know where the food we are eating (Or our Hounds are eating) came from and/or is SAFE.

Lemme get this straight. The USDA is allowing any company to export chickens from the North America (US and Canada), process them and then return the finished product back to the US?

There has to be something seriously wrong here if a for profit company is able to ship a product conservatively over 15,000 miles and still be cost effective enough to make that product sell in the US competing against local food products.

Sounds pretty absurd to me.

How are they ever going to know when a finished product is imported where the raw ingredients ever came from. My guess is someone will quickly realize that they can cut the shipping costs in half by just using local chickens. (IE. Chickens from the foreign country where the final product is being made)

More importantly: How are we ever going to know where the food we are eating (Or our Hounds are eating) came from and/or is SAFE.

We won't know where it comes from because there would be a good chance that China would take the imported chicken and mix it with something else (there was an article awhile back about rats) to increase their profit and export it back to us. And there appears to be an effort underway to make sure that the products are not labeled that they come from China.