Need Help With Labs Please

I took Ruby to the vet yesterday because she has been acting weird, shaking, panting, anxiety up, dull coat and she had 1 day of vomiting Tuesday which is now resolved. They drew some labs and he called me with the results. My normal vet who knows more about greys than the one we saw is out on vacation so I wanted to run these numbers by you to see what you think. I know greys have different thyroid levels that can be normal.

Total T4 - 0.5 normal is 0.8-3.5

WBC - 3.3 normal 4.0-15.5

Creatinine - 1.9 normal 0.5-1.6

the vet that called said he recommends we treat the thyroid and try to increase her water intake for her kidney function. She has had an elevated Creatinine since we got her but this is a bit higher than the last time.

so I need your expert opinions please before I can talk to my regular vet.

Thanks !

Karen

T4 for greys is .5 - 3.6

WBC 3.5 - 6.5

Creatine - .8-1.6

according to Dr. Stack

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

If you wanted to investigate the thyroid, you'd need more than a T4. At a minimum, you'd need a fT4ed (free T4 by equilibrium dialysis -- don't accept another method) and a TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone).

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Did you have a urinalysis done - if that is normal (no protein and specific gravity is within limits) then, I wouldn't worry about the creatinine being 1.9. If on the other hand, there is protein in the urine or the specific gravity is low, then it could indicate kidney issues that should be addressed.

On the thyroid - they didn't do enough tests, they should do a panel that includes TSH and T4 and maybe T3 and maybe Thyroid Antibodies.