Can You Give Me The Low Down

Guest Zizi

Guest Zizi

On chicken paws!

We had had our girl a little over a week now. She is doing great. Eating well and poop is perfect! All she has been getting is her kibble also use for treats right now.

I know that some hounds love these chicken paws, my questions are.....

Do they cause loose stools?

How many should I give?

Is it to soon to give her any?

Any other effects I should be aware of?

Sense she is still adjusting I am not sure if I should introduce these yet, if at all! (They r pretty gross looking) lol! but I will do it for Jerzi!

Guest Zizi

Start with one and see how she does. Every dog is different so you need to see how if affects her belly.

That's what I was afraid of! And right now with her poop being so good I think I will wait a bit till she is more settled here.

Guest Zizi

No issues with chicken feet here. That's the only raw food/bone my boys can tolerate.

Ok it looks like the nails are on the feet still, do you cut them off? These things are ugly as sin!

Guest Zizi

Nope... They eat the nails and all unfortunately. We call them witch hands.

Oh perfect, I like the witch hands! I may have to use tongs to pick them up. Lol

Guest FreeholdHound

I love freaking guests & family out by giving Harry a witchie hand !!! My sis-in-law has to leave the room :)

I grew up eating those myself (cooked, of course!), so the look doesn't bother me!

It is kind of creepy when JJ is chomping on a foot and you can see the toes danging out of his mouth.

He gets a whole foot about once a week with no tummy problems at all. The first time we gave him one, he threw up, but he's been fine ever since.

Guest Crazy4Grey

Ok it looks like the nails are on the feet still, do you cut them off? These things are ugly as sin!

They definitely freaked me out majorly the first time I saw some! ICK

I keep them frozen and give Seamus one, sometimes a second one, maybe once/twice a week. And I may be the minority but I DO chop off the nails. They are mostly soft and lots of dogs don't have issues with them, but to me they feel sharp and pointy so *I* feel better chopping them off. Seamus lives for FEET! Sorella, on the other hand, does not :puke

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I cut the nails off then freeze. One doesn't cause mine to have loose stools, but two will. I give them as treats once or twice a week. Sometimes I get the crunchy dehydrated kind - they love those too.

Theresa (Tess)

Mom to Elliott (Sol Flasher) and Lea (PTL Lea)

We feed them...nails on... straight out of the freezer.

Mmmmmmmmm.......

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg