On Our Way To E-Vet

Will post more later, nothing too major, just a toe injury, but I'm worried it may be broken and wondering if he'd be weight bearing if it were?

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Could be. Broken or dislocated, dogs often can put weight on it. We had a dog at the SEGA kennel with one toe at complete right angles to his foot. He just limped a little with it.

Take care...

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

As I suspected, doesn't seem to be broken. Definitely not dislocated, nothing appears to have punctured it, just really inflamed. Deramaxx, which we have at home and see if the swelling goes down. I probably could have done that and brought him in in a few hrs if it didn't. Oh well. $75 for piece of mind.

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Glad you got some piece of mind. Hope he heals quickly and completely.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Glad he is okay and hope the drugs work quickly!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm glad there was nothing too serious there. When Peggy did that to one of her front toes, digging in the forbidden sandpit where she knows she ought not to go, I needed to give her 6 weeks light exercize to get over it. On a short leash for the first couple of weeks, then an extending one, and only set free in the back garden were there's not enough distance to get up to speed.

Why do these things always happen after hours? I decided the price difference between regular vet office visit & e-vet visit is sometimes well worth it just for the peace of mind.

Hope he improves quickly.

Just have to snicker at the $75 e-vet cost--it's $190 just to walk in the door here :-(

It actually wasn't the e-vet. There's a vet hospital near my house that is an emergency facility after 9 pm so there were still open for their normal business hours when we got there. Because we were a walk in, we were charged a slightly higher fee, but it wasn't the e-vet fee it would have been if we went after 9. Although $190 is outrageous. Around here I think you pay about $125 to walk in.

The more I mull this over and after reexaming his toes this morning, I am guessing he dislocated it and it popped back in on its own before I knew he was injured. This would be the 3rd or 4th time he's dislocated a toe and this is the toe he dislocated last time and he's now got the same hard bump on the inside of the toe along with the swelling and bruising that he did before. I'm going to operate under the assumption that that's what happened so he'll get a few days of rest and Deramaxx and then he's getting the therapaw.