Dlt Dragon Slayer Is Home!

Guest TheModernMutt

She's a pretty little girl! I love black greyhounds, my first 5 were all black so I'm kind of partial to them. Glad to see it's working out well!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest TheModernMutt

Day 3 and she's that much more relaxed. Already running the household like a true queen!

She's definitely an inside girl though. She doesn't like to go outside any longer than she has to. She does her business then waits at the back door for the 11yr old to do his.

Here how comfortable she is as of yesterday afternoon!

E19E1E3E-8479-49F1-8650-E684743F9C14-107

Edited by TheModernMutt

Beautiful!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Congratulations. She is a beauty. Welcome to the greyhound family.

Edit to add, make yourself familiar with Celebrating Greyhounds Calendar. They take submissions from the greyhound community. I feel certain, one of photographs would be selected.

Edited by Houndtime

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest TheModernMutt

Some more firsts today! She half heatedly tried to chase our other dog, but he wasn't up to the challenge! LOL

And we also went on our first walk around the block! She was a perfect lady on the leash and walked perfectly. No pulling, and she stayed right beside me! Truly an enjoyable experience.

Here she is after our walk.

8508964182_0c523853f4_z.jpg

Retirement. by ChristopherCoy, on Flickr

She's just stunning! Love your new siggie!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Welcome!! :welcome2

Slayer is gorgeous! Congrats to all of you!! You are going to take so many fabulous pics of her, I'm sure, and I can't wait to see them!!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

lubs me them black puppers! congrats!! :yay

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest kmcmcf

What beautiful photos of a beautiful hound! Adding you on flickr as soon as it loads - out of curiosity, what gear d'you use?

Guest TheModernMutt
What beautiful photos of a beautiful hound! Adding you on flickr as soon as it loads - out of curiosity, what gear d'you use?

Depends on what I'm shooting. For digital its a Nikon D7000 with a 24-70 2.8 and an 80-200 AFS 2.8. When I'm shooting film its either a Hasselblad 500cm, Yashica 635, Nikon F100, Nikon FM, or a host of other film bodies.