Spider Bite?

ivon

The vet ran a complete senior panel, all his values look good, I doubt Alabama rot is to blame, he has been off the track for nearly 10 years. Two of the holes he probably just ran into a twig and they are healing fine, the one of concern is now finally granulating and looking better, she still thinks spider bite or snake. Yikes! In any case, she wants to continue to see him daily, clean the wound and re-bandage over the weekend, to save me the evet fees, she kindly offered to meet me at her office Saturday and Sunday. He is feeling better for sure, he would/could barely move the first few days and is now back to his old bouncy self.

spud_karma_sig.jpgmed_gallery_2551_3357_5098.jpg

Ivon, Spud, Karma & Sasha

Missing Darla (05-22-96 03-01-2010)

Continued good thoughts for Spud.

Poor boy.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I did today's bandage change by myself, he flinched a bit when I cleaned his wounds, but did fine, I think I did ok, my main concern was wrapping the vet wrap too tight, which is easy to do. But I think it's all good...The vet can judge me tomorrow...

geesh! :( sending many prayers for Spud! :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I did today's bandage change by myself, he flinched a bit when I cleaned his wounds, but did fine, I think I did ok, my main concern was wrapping the vet wrap too tight, which is easy to do. But I think it's all good...The vet can judge me tomorrow...

The trick to not getting the vetwrap to tight is to pull the length you need out and then roll it back on the roll loosely. :-)

Well, the vet said I did a good job, and maybe by Friday he can have surgery to suture the skin back together. Manuka honey came in today, does anyone think my vet would be offended if I gave it to her to try? She is putting an anti-biotic paste on the wounds, so for all I know that may be doing the trick...She does his bandage changes, except on Sunday, mainly because it involves scraping at the tissue to make it bleed, she says that makes it granulate better. I believe it, but there is no way I can do that....