Arsenic In Rice

cleptogrey

http://www.fda.gov/F...s/ucm319827.htm is what the fda had to say about arsenic in rice, just about every newcast had a story this week. just think...a good percentage of the WORLD lives on rice and they don't have enough water to prepare it as recommened to rinse the arsenic well! brown rice is the worst- the polished hulls in white rice are a savior! yeah, and many of the dog foods have rice meal!

http://abcnews.go.co...72#.UFtIoVG2U3x

btw- i'm still having congee for lunch(chinese soupy rice as prescribed by my acupuncturist) and rice w/ my beans for dinner...felix is having rice w/ his dinner...we're all living DANGEROUSLY! just wanted to share this w/ you

Edited by cleptogrey

Didn't I read a story last night that the worst arsenic levels were in rice from the Gulf Coast?

Yes, I read and also heard on the news that it's rice grown in areas where cotton was grown all those years ago that have high arsenic levels. Arsenic was used as a pest control (boll weevils) way back when. It settled in the ground and is now leaching back into whatever is grown on that land.

Yes, I read and also heard on the news that it's rice grown in areas where cotton was grown all those years ago that have high arsenic levels. Arsenic was used as a pest control (boll weevils) way back when. It settled in the ground and is now leaching back into whatever is grown on that land.

Interesting. In my mind cotton doesn't like to get it's feet too wet and you gotta have wet feet for rice.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Interesting. In my mind cotton doesn't like to get it's feet too wet and you gotta have wet feet for rice.

Irrigation ?

Yes, to a degree.

A lot of Texas Panhandle cotton is irrigated, but there is dry land also. I vividly remember a date in college from Plainview telling me me that he had to move the water before he could meet me. He meant the BIG water on the fields and that was a couple of hours. When I think of rice I think of Anahuac and basically marshes. :dunno.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

More media BS for the sake of generating a story and a scare. The rice has nohing on the levels of arsenic most of us were exposed to as kids when it was in everything from bug spray to household cleaners. Not even gonna worry about it!

Now - who wants some rice pudding? :bgeorge

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest Clawsandpaws

Scary! Luckily I always rinse and boil my rice, but I eat it with every meal!! I actually did douse myself with pesticides when I was 2 (babysitter fell asleep) so maybe I built up a tolerance? Lol

Scary! Luckily I always rinse and boil my rice, but I eat it with every meal!! I actually did douse myself with pesticides when I was 2 (babysitter fell asleep) so maybe I built up a tolerance? Lol

Unlikely. Arsenic is a cumulative poison. :P

Old lace anyone???

:lol

Arsenic one of most common elements in the earth and is actually found in pretty much everyone at low levels. It accumulates in hair and nails and you get rid of it - slowly - that way. I guess the safe levels are set on how much people's hair and nails grow on average in a given time. :dunno

Not that I'd want to go deliberately eating foods containing arsenic if I had a choice, and perhaps pregnant women should be a tad more concerned because arsenic is a teratogen.

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

lots of arsenic in groundwater. probably more than adsorbed by the rice. see the section on the united states....y'all out in the west have the worst water in the usa! i can see the scare headlines!

local wells contaminated by high concentrations of arsenic!

5ppb found in local well! almost half the recommended maximum levels!

local produce banned!

local farms reposessed by evil bankers!

man found dead in bath!

citizens picket town hall to have wells shut down.

My baby caught the measles from high arsenic water!

citizens complain about high costs of imported food and water.

town dying due to lack of investment.

last town 7-11 shuts it's doors.

p.s. - everything causes cancer. moderation in all things is best. even pure water is lethal in high concentrations.

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.