6 Extractions

Oh joy, it looks like Bug had 6 extractions today, I can't wait to see the bill.

I haven't experienced this with a dog before. Is Bug going to be in terrible pain and doing weird things with his mouth or anything else I should know about or have on hand?

Jenn

gallery_3252_2927_10878.jpg

Guest budsmom

Bud had 3 about 6 weeks ago, and he didn't do anything weird. He came home with 3 days of pain meds & 2 weeks of antibiotics. He had to have soft food for about 7 days, too. I just soaked his regular kibble before giving it to him, he never chews his food anyway. The worst part of it for him seemed to be the anethesia. The procedure took over 2 hours, and he was really dopey the entire next day.

Zeke-aroni was nine when he came here and had his first dental in seven years, sigh. His teeth were awful. He lost his upper canine and 10 additional teeth. Other than some oozing the first night, he never skipped a beat. I hope Bug (and you!) had a quiet night and that he is good this morning!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest greytkidsmom

We use a small breed kibble mixed with a lot of water for a few days. The kibbles are tiny and with water they make a slurry that can be lapped up easily. It is cheaper than canned food. Canned food also causes us pudding poos.

Awww, poor Bug! How's he doing? I miss that silly face of his :)

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest Snazzy_Chloe

Make sure that the dog's gums are not bleeding when you pick her up.

We had an issue where they sutured as tight as they thought they could without ripping the gum tissue but it was not tight enough to stop the bleeding. We had to return the dog and resuture after packing the gums.

Dog was fine after - soft food, scrambled eggs, Ensure, and chicken broth for a couple days then progressed to moistened kibble+canned dog food. They heal fast after you get their leaks patched correctly.

Awww, poor Bug! How's he doing? I miss that silly face of his :)

He's doing fine now. His mouth was a little bloody the first night and he was really out of it but back to his gooofy self the very next day. He misses you too (actually Holly, but you usually came along).

Jenn

gallery_3252_2927_10878.jpg