Linus

Guest WhiteWave

Guest WhiteWave

I was thinking a lot about Linus yesterday and it dawned on me, he had been gone 4 yrs as of yesterday.

Linus was quite the character. He was not an easy dog. Severe sleep aggression and big time fight instigator. But he made up for it with his unique and funny ways. He was commonly referred to as Lord Linus b/c he acted like royalty and wanted to be waited on and catered too. Everything had to be his way. He was 2 weeks from being 9 yrs old when I got him. He came with Giggles who was 10. Gigs died a year later. I didn't think it would bother him b/c he was mean to her. But for 2 weeks he slept in her bed and would barely touch food. Then one day, he came prancing outside and grabbed my 200lb English Mastiff by the scruff of his neck and attempted to shake him. :) He was back.

I don't think a year went by that we didn't make at least one if not 2 or 3 trips to the E-vet. Linus has more stitches, staples and drain tubes than all my other dogs combined. Never once fazed him or slowed him down. He never changed his ways!

Then one Sunday night I came home from work about 8 pm. He always did a happy dance when I came home and he was doing his dance and then he went to the floor screaming. His leg had snapped. I knew it wasn't good, but we went to the vet with some hope. X-rays showed a clean break and vet was going to set it. We said our good byes and went home and waited. Then the call came. I already knew the answer, but there was still that little glimmer of hope. Bones were eaten up with cancer, they were mush. Just crumbled with the slightest touch. Vet said it was a true wonder that they hadn't broken long before. Linus never woke up.

Linus_in_the_field.jpg

Linus_on_the_couch.jpg

80c05dce.jpg

Handsome_Linus.jpg

JulyLinus.jpg

LinusintheSand.jpg

SexyLinus.jpg

SleepyLinus.jpg

9d321cc2.jpg

34f20d4b.jpg

More pics of Linus.

734712e5.jpg

FlowersLinus.jpg

Linus12yrsold.jpg

Donotwakemeup.jpg

LinusSept28.jpg

Last pic taken of my boy, 14 1/2 yrs old

Linus145yrsold.jpg

What a character! :wub:

Rest well, Linus.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry you lost your amazing Linus! (Since we were out of the country then, I probably didn't say so at the time.) What a character he must have been. And handsome too. :grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

what a handsome boy he was!!! sending you many hugs. :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest WhiteWave

What wonderful pics you have to remember him by! Is that Casper in the one pic?

Yes, Casper was a puppy, about 8 months old.