Good News Today At Munchie's Recheck

Guest LittleGreys

Guest LittleGreys

We made the trip back to WV today to see Dr Radcliffe for Munchie's 2 week followup after her stem cell therapy. He is very pleased with her progress, as are we! He took some xrays and compared them to the first, she actually has some joint space now and amazingly has some fluid in the joints now! So exciting! Her range of motion is also much improved. She has gained 3 pounds(that's good thing, she was down to 49). We are going to decrease her pred dose. He didn't feel the need to xray her shoulder right now. Which is good, because if it looks worse that would have ruined my good day. He said he felt no reason to xray it today, she is not painful on it. He wants to see her back in 2 weeks, but he will be out of town the days I can get off work so it will be 3 weeks before we go back, we will rexray joints and shoulder then. I dread the drive, but I guess we are lucky it is only 250 miles. It could be further! Please continue to keep Munchie in your prayers, they are working! Thank you all.

yay.gifyay.gif

I just read this to Glen and he was as thrilled as I was to hear the good news!!!

We wub.gif Munchie!

Pam

GPA-Tallahassee/Southeastern Greyhound Adoption

"Fate is unalterable only in the sense that given a cause, a certain result must follow, but no cause is inevitable in itself, and man can shape his world if he does not resign himself to ignorance." Pearl S. Buck

wonderful news

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Great update! Sending good thoughts that the shoulder x-rays also look good at her next recheck. But regardless of whether or not she has osteo, it certainly sounds like you made the right choice to go ahead with the stem cell therapy. I'm glad you didn't get Dr. Marin's response from OSU until after the fact....

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg