Need Good Thoughts For Daytona, Please

Guest BrianRke

Guest BrianRke

My senior guy, Daytona(10) is going to the vet tomorrow for his first(pretty sure) dental. He has been with me for about 15 months now and I've finally mustered the courage to have it done.

I feel like I have a knot in my stomach.

0407111030.jpg

Edited by BrianRke

I know that feeling.

TONS of good thoughts for you and Daytona.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Good thoughts for Daytona. I hope all goes well.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I have a 10 yo that is so very overdue for a terribly needed dental so I can totally understand the knots you are feeling :( :(

sending MANY good thoughts Daytona's way!!!

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I too have a 10 year old who needs a dental, and I'm so nervous about it. I understand how you feel.

Sending lots of good thoughts---let us know how he does.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I completely understand. Please try not to worry too much... Daytona needs your calm, happy, loving energy.

We've had several successful dentals recently, two of whom were 10 year olds (one was high risk). One 10 y.o. didn't require any extractions, but the other had 11 extractions. The vet, nor I realized so many extractions would be required until in surgery. (I knew tooth brushing was becoming impossible on molars on one side, so I expected a few extractions. Also, painful teeth = slowed painful eating.) Both hounds feel so much better now.

BTW, a dog-safe dental oral rinse is great to use during the week or two until brushing can begin again. (We happen to use C.E.T. Oral Rinse, but any dog oral rinse is better than nothing.)

Positive prayers for Daytona, and for you...

Edited by 3greytjoys

Guest BrianRke

Daytona is home safe and sound!!! He is very happy and bouncy. He did really well, no extractions, just some mild plaque and worn/discolored teeth.

Thanks for all the well wishes!!!

glad he did so well!!! :yay :yay :yay

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Yea, good boy Daytona!! Outstanding dental report!!

It's good that he had a thorough professional dental to clean deeply under the gumline. Now you can feel confident that oral bacteria build-up isn't damaging his internal organs.

Wishing you and Daytona a long, healthy life together!! :)