Murphy In Va

Guest Munca_H

Guest Munca_H

On Feb 25th I headed up to MD to meet some available greys. The first two were beautiful boys, the next was a funny little girl who took more to my mom than me. The fourth... well he came right over and leaned. Him & I walked a little bit, anytime I stopped he leaned. Mom came over to see what I thought. "Maybe" I thought, I didn't want to get too hopeful. Several of the volunteers there had noticed and said, yea you've been picked. Woo hoo! Signed went over & signed paperwork & loaded him in the car.

The very first pic I was able to take of him while at a long light... geo-tagged as Shiloh, VA. We almost jumped out of the car. Shiloh... my :angel who passed last year. What a sign!

He was a MnG'er for the adoption kennel for almost year before he was sent up to find his home. He walked right in like he'd always been here. No pottying inside, almost no crying when I leave.

AND really... this is the more important info down here....

He was formally known as Iruska Abner, 5/30/08 birthday. He's now known as Murphy. And I can't get pics loaded here at work, but links to fb pics.

First full day home:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/420016_3021295890357_1201498003_32410336_1264317338_n.jpg

Chilling in the living room:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/419648_3033515875849_1201498003_32416691_1584946423_n.jpg

Tiny bit of ETS:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/432341_3033384672569_1201498003_32416675_1112904231_n.jpg

He's very handsome and he looks so comfortable! Congratulations!

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Good pick...congratulations

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Poor boy, he looks so tense and scared, especially in that second picture.:lol What a lovely pup you have, congratulations.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Guest twogreytkids

How wonderful to hear from Abner's (now Murphy's) Mom!!!

Abner was a favorite with GPA/Daytona Beach's volunteers. He was a always a leaner and so gentle with everyone that he met, including the little ones.

Thank you so much for giving him a home. From the looks of things, he found the right home.

Give him an extra cookie for me.

Marcy

Guest Munca_H

How wonderful to hear from Abner's (now Murphy's) Mom!!!

Abner was a favorite with GPA/Daytona Beach's volunteers. He was a always a leaner and so gentle with everyone that he met, including the little ones.

Thank you so much for giving him a home. From the looks of things, he found the right home.

Give him an extra cookie for me.

Marcy

Thanks GPA/DB for sending him up!! I can't even imagine not having him here :inlove He's totally taken over... in the best way!

Guest Celestrina

Poor boy, he looks so tense and scared, especially in that second picture.:lol What a lovely pup you have, congratulations.

Perhaps a larger bed would help?

Congrats! Murphy is a beauty and sounds like he picked you good!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest Munca_H

Perhaps a larger bed would help?

He does look terrified! It's a shame he doesn't know how to relax.

A bigger bed? Only once he stops digging into the cushion. It's now been duct taped and flipped over. Yup, he's a Redneck Grey now. LOL Or maybe a new one if he digs and creates another hole. LOL

Guest Angelique

Roaching on the first day! It took us two years for the first roach! Good job with making him feel at home!

And he is sooo handsome!