Magic Has A Vet Appointment

About 2 1/2 weeks ago, Magic started having some off and on neck problems (or possibly shoulder). His jammies were too tight around his neck. They are a little big for him and he may have been laying in such a way that it tightened around his neck. He only had pain if he turned his head too far in the wrong direction. It's eased significantly and now only occurs when he moves his head too quickly. Stretching seems to ease any stiffness in his neck and shoulder.

For a couple of days he had something similar to morning stiffness if he laid in the same position for a long period. He would give a small yelp and then take a couple of limping steps, stretch, and then he was fine. After he hurt his neck, I took his jammies completely off him and when the weather turned damp and chilly the leg or shoulder problem started. I put another set of jammies on him and that stopped.

He's going in for his pre-GIG flu and bordatella vaccines so I thought I'd have the vet take a look at his neck and shoulder.

If you can spare a few good thoughts for my boy, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Carol, missing Magic (1/5/01 - 4/15/15) but welcoming Fuzzy's Joy Behar (Joy) into my life on 5/31/15.

:hope that you get some answers for the cause of Magic's pain. Will be waiting for an update.

Deb

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Guest sweetpea

Aw, poor Magic.

Sweetpea had some neck pain issues a year or two ago.

Long story short: xrays found nothing, pain meds made her loopy,

anti-inflammatory ended up on the never prescribe again list.

If you get the all clear, I've found that gently massaging her neck and shoulders

has helped tremendously. It's actually less like a massage and more a long slow petting session.

I do it morning and night, and she hasn't had any relapses.

Good luck, I hope you both find some relief.

Buzzy

We just got home and Magic has an ear infection. I guess it started around the time his jammies were too tight around his neck. He also has some arthritis in his right front leg which was the one he would take a couple of limping steps, stretch, and then be fine. I guess may baby boy is getting old.

Magic is on an antibiotic to be put in his ear and I can continue with the doggie aspirin as needed for his leg.

Thanks for the good thoughts.

Carol, missing Magic (1/5/01 - 4/15/15) but welcoming Fuzzy's Joy Behar (Joy) into my life on 5/31/15.

I've had a huge soft spot for Magic ever since his incredible recovery a few years ago. I'm so glad that it wasn't anything more seriously I hope to meet you guys at GIG.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.