Angie Peed On Our Bed Yesterday

Guest Celestrina

Guest Celestrina

This is not like her at all. I checked her bedding this morning and it was dry. Even if she was locked in our room (which I don't think she was) why would she pee on our bed and not the floor?

Daisy has been peeing in her sleep. She doesn't get up and ask to go out, there are just spots/puddles under her butt wherever she's laying.

Seems it could just be old lady bladder, or the very early stages of kidney disease. Bloodwork normal, UA negative for UTI, but specific gravity was a little low. I started her on Proin, so far just a quarter of the normal dose for a dog her size and she hasn't had another accident since.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Guest KennelMom

Spay incontinence can involve bladder leakage or all out failure from time to time. Happened to my girl Haley when she was about 4 1/2. She NEVER EVER EVER had any accident in the house and lost her bladder one time while sleeping on my bed. After that, she started leaking here and there while sleeping and was diagnosed with spay incontinence. If you can, take the cover off her dog bed and see if she has any yellow-ish leak spots underneath on the inside cover (if there is one they're usually white) or filling.

I learned a loooooooong time ago to always have a waterproof cover on my mattress...accidental leakage or the rare dog that actually decides to squat down and take a whizz.

I learned a loooooooong time ago to always have a waterproof cover on my mattress...accidental leakage or the rare dog that actually decides to squat down and take a whizz.

:nod

The one I have is a Sealy. I got it at Kohls 6 or 8 years ago and it has been awesome. Not plastic like, no crinkles,no sweat and it WORKS. I think Sears also carries them. Can't recommend it highly enough.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Guest KennelMom

:nod

The one I have is a Sealy. I got it at Kohls 6 or 8 years ago and it has been awesome. Not plastic like, no crinkles,no sweat and it WORKS. I think Sears also carries them. Can't recommend it highly enough.

:nod mattress covers have come a long way and you can get them non-crinkley and breathable.

Guest IndyHound

Angie's only four. I checked her bed this morning and it was dry.

I have this same problem with Goldie. We just got a clear bill of health from the vet. But she did say that some females have bladder problems after they are spayed. I'll have to double check the name of the pill she's on. But she did say that she will only need to be on it a few months to strengthen the muscles.

Spay incontinence can involve bladder leakage or all out failure from time to time. Happened to my girl Haley when she was about 4 1/2. She NEVER EVER EVER had any accident in the house and lost her bladder one time while sleeping on my bed. After that, she started leaking here and there while sleeping and was diagnosed with spay incontinence. If you can, take the cover off her dog bed and see if she has any yellow-ish leak spots underneath on the inside cover (if there is one they're usually white) or filling.

Oh yeah!

George had an uncontrollable "Help me man, I can't stop!" pee on my bed a couple of months ago. Thank goodness for waterproof protectors or my mattress would have been in the garbage.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

ikea also has cheap water repelant mattress covers. yes, they work....tested at MY HOUSE! usually it's not spite or marking. the question is...do you keep the hound out of the bedroom just incase? :lol

i've been peed on while felix was sleeping on me(yes, on not next to me on the couch)...relaxed sphincter muscles. a tad of hormones fixed it.

Rainey too, peed BIG time in our bed (this was back when she was just 5) -- yup, spay incontinence! Started her on DES (I think it's safer than others) and never another accident -- at least from that, after her brain thing started she peed every day in the family room but that was a real pee, not SI pee.

good luck!

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway