Good Thoughts For Cari, Age 10

Guest Energy11

Guest Energy11

Good Day All!

DH's Cari (she tolerates me ;), has been limping on her left foreleg, intermittently for about four weeks. I am treating her with Deramaxx, 37.5 mg daily, which seems to help. She does this off and on, but has all the signs of Osteo :(

DH just left for the vet to either confirm or refute my suspicions. She is a very finicky eater, but a healthy girl. She is FULL of live and insists on running!

She and DH would love your prayers and good thoughts! If she has Osteo, we do only palliative care. If it is arthritis, we will be very grateful. Cari and my other four, just returned from a two week trip to the beach. This will be their last trip, because of their advancing ages.

Thank you!

Dee, John and Cari Lynn

Guest GreyKatie

Sending good thoughts and really hoping for the best. We just went through the same thing and found corns, much to our relief! I hope you get a good dx.

Guest Energy11

GREAT NEWS FOR A CHANGE!!! NO OSTEO!!!!

Dr. thinks it is a shoulder sprain or strain, and she does have a little arthritis in her elbow!

THANK YOU for all your good thoughts and prayers!!!! :colgate

Guest Energy11

She is a little out of it, right now. She is resting in the spare room, and her temp and blood pressures are normal. The vet used IV Propofol for her, which is a good choice, in my opinion. Sometimes, I think the sedation is the hardest thing for this breed!

She FINALLY has sort nails, too! :)) She is a BEAST to do her nails!

We love you for your good thougts and good wishes!

Guest Energy11

Thanks again for all your good thoughts!

She looks so pooped:( Just went out to potty, and back on the bed, ex-penned away from the other four. She ate some Bison and sweet potato canned food with yogurt too. ")

She says thank you!

Fantastic news!!! I am so happy for you all.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Wonderful news :clap I'm so happy for all of you

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest Energy11

Hello again!

DH and Cari just want to thank you for all of your good thoughts and prayers!

Little Cari isn't herself today. She still has glazed/slanted eyes, a slightly lolled tongue, and a slight drool. I think she definitely had an adverse reaction to either the Torb or Propofol. She is up, eating, pooping, peeing, etc., but just really isn't herself. Just like people, every one of these dogs can have a different reaction to sedation, especially at advanced ages.

Thanks again! Dee

Glad the x-rays were clear. Hope her brain clears ASAP. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest FreddyGirl

Another vote for Ruffwear. I used it with Dude after his amp and it works very well. Plus, it's adjustable so you can fit it just right for your pup. Easy on and off too. Very well made and sturdy.

Dee,

THANK GOD it is nothing serious. HUGS to all of you.

Nancy