Asking For Good Thoughts & Prayers For My Jack (Non-Grey)

Guest tammara

Guest tammara

My Doberman Jack goes in today to have three fatty tumors removed. One has grown quite large and appears to be behind a muscle on the inside of his right rear leg. That one has changed his gait and we have decided to have them all removed. We have had Jack 6 years now (his gotcha day was yesterday). We got him when he was only 12 weeks old. I just hate having any of them put under, but that one bad tumor needs to go. He will also have a dental. If you would keep him in your thoughts and prayers I would appreciate it.

jack.jpg?t=1318161474

Edited by tammara

He's very cute, and I especially love his "floppy" ears :) Best wishes for an uneventful surgery.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest tammara

Thanks everyone. Jack made it through surgery. We have to call at 5, hopefully he will be ready to come home then (he wasn't ready earlier). He did lose one tooth (poor baby). I will just be so relieved to have the tumors gone and hopefully his gait will return back to normal. He was kind of twisting that back leg as he walked and I was so afraid he was going to injure himself because of it.

Thanks also to BiancasMom for mentioning VonWillebrand's. Jack has had surgery twice before without incident so I didn't have to worry about that. But I am grateful that you are looking out for us.

Will post more when he is home later!

Glad Jack is doing OK.

We've been owned by three Dobies over the years. Wonderful dogs!

Our last girl was very badly affected by VWD...our vet did not even want to do her spay, but we are very lucky to have a Canine Blood Bank here. She had to have infusions of cryoprecipitate before, during and after her spay and stayed in the clinic under very close supervision for 2 days.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Guest tammara

Well he is home :yay all tucked in on the couch getting lots of love :wub: . He is pretty groggy and doesn't want anything to eat or drink yet, but hopefully he will within a few hours so we can get his pills into him. I only saw him walk a little but I think his gait is already better. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!!!