Lurking And Learning

Guest 302Crew

Guest 302Crew

Hello!

My name is Melanie and I've been lurking around the forum for a few weeks now.

I don't have any pictures to post of my dog (yet) because I'm very early in the process of adopting a retired racer. :) My husband and I are pretty excited about it. We're not new to dogs, but we're both new to Greys.

I just wanted to take a minute and say hello and introduce myself.

I also wanted to say hello, and thank everyone. There is an incredible amount of knowledge on this board, and we're enjoying soaking it all up.

~M

:welcome2 from Miami!

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Guest 302Crew

Hello!

We were going to drive out to GRA and spend some time with the dogs out there and see who liked us, but at the end of the day, we decided to go with a local group who match the dog to you. After the track, they foster the dogs first for a short period before they end up in their forever homes.

To make a long story short, we decided this was the best way to go for us seeing as it is going to be our first Grey. I didn't want to make anything more difficult for the dog - due to my inexperience with the breed.

That being said, if(read 'when' :P ) we decide to add another then we may choose to take a different route.

We are VERY excited...the hard part is the waiting. :blush

Welcome from Waterloo! I think you made a very wise decision. I don't have anything against GRA, in fact we adopted our fist grey from Bill, however, your reasoning makes so much sense. You sound like you will make greyt grey parents and I look forward to lots of pics and stories.

I've always had dogs growing up but I have never bonded with a breed as much as I have with greys, and you'll find many on here agree. It's almost magical, a love that goes right to your soul and I hope you experience this too!

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Welcome!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Welcome! The really funny thing for GT, it's just not greyhound knowledge. If I have a question, need advice, info etc on just about anything, I will ask at GT first.

Of course everyone agreeing that a sex change operation was a good idea didn't work out too well for me. My husband is so confused.:P

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Plus you learn a greyt new language filled with acronyms :lol

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

:wave .... from the 'other side' of Ontario!

My hounds did not come from GRA either.

We also chose a more 'local' group that could offer us lots of support.

I look forward to hearing all about your new hound.

And don't forget...we have :rules and will need lots of pictures!!!

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg