Eye "buggers"

Guest tanner

Does anyone know what causes this yuck in the corners of Ashley's eyes. It is like big hunks of sleep but not hard it is mushy.

Pretty normal.. We remove them on a daily basis here. Eye boogers.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

At my house, it's worse when the pollen count is up; both my dogs have pollen allergies.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Does anyone know what causes this yuck in the corners of Ashley's eyes. It is like big hunks of sleep but not hard it is mushy.

Yup, normal. As long as they are not really odd colored or smelly, they are pretty much just like people eye boogers. Disco likes to nonchalantly wipe them on me. :rolleyes:

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Guest MnMDogs

Yup, normal. As long as they are not really odd colored or smelly, they are pretty much just like people eye boogers. Disco likes to nonchalantly wipe them on me. :rolleyes:

Sunds like Mork. We also find them on their beds and the couch.

We do at least a once daily removal here. With 6 dogs it seems as though I'm always removing them from someone :lol Ace and Fritz seem to have them the most - Fritz gets big goobers, not really sure why...I've always wondered if it's because he doesn't close his eyes all the way when he sleeps :dunno

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Only one of my three has them on a regular basis and she has always had them. I noticed during harvest time the other two would have them once in a while. I usually have to wipe the one's face after she is done eating so that is when we wipe the goobers too. ;)

One of my cats gets really bad eye gunk. It's kind of gross. I feel like I'm always cleaning his eyes and nose! :rolleyes:

Do you get fur balls too?

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

My male has allergies & when they are acting up he has some mild problems with eye boogers. None of my other Greys has had what you are describing. My older female does occasionally get little, dark colored, dry matter at the inside corners of her eyes. I'd say I notice those a couple times a week.